Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is rooting required
11-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Is rooting required
Iv been trying to play a few games and they all seem to lagg although im using an s4.Iv read that you can change the cpu speed setting to improve the fps but this setting does not seem to have any effect.Do I have to root my phone to be able to use the Cpu clock setting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 10:50 AM by Archimedes.)
RE: Is rooting required
No, there is no rooting required. And as far as that option goes I haven't had any good results with it either. Maybe it's game specific.
Link: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...3#pid41993
11-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanx for the responce...Im still curious to whether I should root the phone to get apps like set CPU to work.Iv heard that with apps like that which can lock the max cpu speed can improve the fps.
11-20-2013, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:34 AM by Archimedes.)
Well it's all up to you. Even though I have a rooted device I haven't tried this out yet so I cant give you a definitive answer. What I can tell you is that people tend to put a lower cpu speed in order to achieve better results. But you should know all about it if you read step 8 of this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...6#pid38976
You might even wanna look at step 17 if your device has a CPU with multiple cores.
11-20-2013, 11:42 AM
setting the cpu to performance and noop scheduler really improves fps in android Big Grin
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Overclocking CPU will improve performance, but don't overclock it too much, otherwise it means higher temperature and then CPU can start throttling frequency down, which in real world means decreasing fps. You can of course with proper tool increase temperature at which throttling should start, but then it gets hot and its a huge battery drain.

Apple Ipad Mini Retina 16GB Wi-Fi
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
did you try turning buffered rendering on/off?
ppsspp has some issues with full HD screens on android.