Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Field Commander
12-11-2012, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 04:22 PM by sfageas.)
Field Commander
Title: Field Commander
Genre: Turn-based Strategy
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: v0.4
Compatibility: In-game
Playable Notes: Loads, menus are smooth and work well, but in-game starts to lag and has some graphical bugs, such as the unit preview being overexpanded and colors on buildings reversed (team red's buildings are blue and vise versa). Also game data doesn't save, but I'm not sure if this has even been implemented into the emulator yet. This game is very close to playable, but not quite.
Screenshots:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: [Android 4.0][v0.4][In-game] Field Commander
UPDATE - V0.6 makes field commander 100% playable with no bugs that I can see. I wonder if it would be possible to implement ad-hoc multilayer?
01-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Possible yes, not my highest priority though at the moment. Maybe someone else will do it?
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
That's alright! Thank you henrik for your amazing work!
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Software/Game tested: Field Commander
Game version(US/JP/EU/WWE): US
File format(ISO/CSO/EBOOT): Cso
Version: Pre-v0.8 (v0.7.5-1)
Compatibility level(nothing/intro/menus/ingame/playable): Playable
Other info: Slow on my device, but playable.
04-14-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Field Commander - ULES00335 - (Windows)
Merged
04-14-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Field Commander
added to compatibility list

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
02-17-2014, 07:38 AM
crashes the emulator when trying to start a new campaign:

[Image: w1t3.jpg]
02-21-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm running this game on my Android (latest ppsspp v0.9.7.2) version, unfortunately this game is not playable.

I can create a profile, however, when I select "new" game, it will just crash.
02-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Oh damn when did this break, must be a regression, will have to re-test then later.............
03-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone,
I've got field commander running smoothly as it starts up, but i get a display message upon opening up ppsspp, and opening up field commander. This happens every time. It says,

"Failed to load ui_atlas.zim.

Place it in the directory "assets" under your PPSSPP directory."

Once i click OK, the game starts up and i can click on new game, and I start typing a name for my new profile. As soon as I hit start, it goes black and nothing happens. Help please?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-23-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 07:21 PM by The Phoenix.)
Hi there, why have you extracted the contents on the desktop like that, as its scattered, it would be easier to create a folder first called PPSSPP.
I noticed you have no assets folder for some reason, thats the simple reason why things are playing up.
When you download the Windows version of PPSSPP from http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html
Extract the contents in your newly created folder "PPSSPP", and run it from there.

If after re-trying this you find you have certain files disappearing in the Assets folder, that maybe because you Anti-virus is detecting it as a false positive, and is either deleting or removing it to its quarantine area.

As for the game in question that boots up fine & plays fine, even used a save game to continue my campaign.

Version tested on Windows 7 (x86) - using v0.9.8-58-gb174996
03-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the quick response phoenix! Unfortunately im not quite sure what you mean by putting them all in a folder, then extracting the folder. Could you give me a step by step thing please? Thanks!

Heres a pic of my desktop:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-24-2014, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 01:30 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Field Commander
(03-23-2014 09:19 PM)yeakelbagel Wrote:  Thanks for the quick response phoenix! Unfortunately im not quite sure what you mean by putting them all in a folder, then extracting the folder. Could you give me a step by step thing please? Thanks!

Heres a pic of my desktop:
Yeah sure, we all started at the beginning at some point of our lifes.

Download the full emulator Windows version of 0.9.8 (Stable Build) from the official download page: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

When you get the emulator, it will be named as: ppsspp_win.zip
Contained in there are 2 versions of the same emulator.

Make sure to run the correct version for your machine, as in Windows 32 bit or 64 bit, Don't worry if you don't know if your machine is 32 or 64 bit, as running 32 bit will work on both types of Windows machines anyway, just to be on the safe side.
Save that to the desktop, with the alien on.
Next right click on a empty space on the desktop, and select New, then Folder, while the name of the folder is highlighted, change to PPSSPP, press Enter. Right thats done.

Next stage, is to extract the contents of the downloaded ppsspp_win.zip into your new folder, using programs like Winrar or Winzip or even others.
There should be 7 files in the PPSSPP created folder now.

Including 3 folders: assets, flash0, lang.
1 text file: LICENSE.TXT.
2 emulator programs themselves (32 & 64 bit versions).
1 README.md file.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer,.........Now have fun Cool
03-24-2014, 01:08 PM
it can playable! to load video! you must change to Buffered renderring! after select new campian,don't touch on screen until the game start . we can saved state!

but! have a big problem! it crashs whenever, affter play 5min it crashs! sory for my bad e.l