Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Unchecking "Draw using VBO" improves PERFORMANCE!!! (GT-I9300)
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 12:12 PM by Carter07.)
RE: Unchecking "Draw using VBO" improves PERFORMANCE!!! (GT-I9300)
I found this in a pdf talling about how to optimize games for mobile, maybe it can help. Smile

4.5. Vertex Buffer Objects
Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO) (and, where available, Vertex Array Objects) are the preferred way of
storing vertex and index data; since VBO storage is managed by the driver there is no need to copy
an array from the client side at every draw call and the driver is able to perform some transparent
optimizations.
Pack all the vertex attributes that are required for a mesh into the same VBO unless a mixture of static
and dynamic attributes are being used. Do not create a VBO for every mesh, it is a good idea to
group meshes that are always rendered together in order to minimize buffer rebinding, this also has
the benefit of improving batching.
For dynamic vertex data one buffer object should be used for each update frequency, and the right
usage flag should be set (STATIC_DRAW,DYNAMIC_DRAW, STREAM_DRAW) when submitting data or
allocating storage with glBufferData

http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/do...ternal.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unchecking "Draw using VBO" improves PERFORMANCE!!! (GT-I9300) - Carter07 - 01-20-2013 10:33 AM