Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
06-04-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 11:12 PM by Mitsukai.)
RE: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
(06-04-2013 03:25 AM)theWORLD Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 02:11 AM)Mitsukai Wrote:  Any update on the problem regarding the black screen the follows the intro logos? I've been having this issue too, and trying the above method didn't work for me.

What happens at the black screen for you? Does the ppsspp crash or do the buttons still work. If the ppsspp crashes make sure you have buffered rendering on when the black screen shows up. You can turn it off after you pass the intro but during video clips it has to be on.
Literally nothing; it just hangs there. It doesn't appear to crash; no error of any kind pops up and it's not listed as "Not Responding" in the Task Manager, and I can Reset it from the drop down menu without any problems. Tried with Buffered Rendering both on and off; no change.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Its fixed now it was the video sequence that followed.... unfortunately you can't skip it(intro) so you have to sit through it. But once you've saved once it all goods

[b]today, tomorrow, together[/b]
06-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I can't see the intro. What am I doing wrong?
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
(06-10-2013 01:20 PM)NekoJonez Wrote:  I can't see the intro. What am I doing wrong?

what are you running it on ?

I usually have hard transformer on , buffered rendering on and vert. cache. and of course JIT on runs fine on both pc and android nexus 7

ps: also just test it out the intro video is 10mins long , try press start after that if you still have a black screen then i'm not sure

06-11-2013, 03:49 PM
(06-10-2013 06:23 PM)hsark Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 01:20 PM)NekoJonez Wrote:  I can't see the intro. What am I doing wrong?

I usually have hard transformer on , buffered rendering on and vert. cache. and of course JIT on runs fine on both pc and android nexus 7

ps: also just test it out the intro video is 10mins long , try press start after that if you still have a black screen then i'm not sure

Welp, I got it working now. Anyways, I don't have the music. :C
06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
(06-11-2013 03:49 PM)NekoJonez Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 06:23 PM)hsark Wrote:  

Welp, I got it working now. Anyways, I don't have the music. :C

you need the atrac decoder, take a look at this thread for more info
or in the Q/A section
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3707

06-11-2013, 08:37 PM
But how do I use that?
06-11-2013, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 11:16 PM by Mitsukai.)
(06-10-2013 06:23 PM)hsark Wrote:  what are you running it on ?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then, but I've checked all of those settings (Buffered Rending, Hardware Transform, Vertex Cache, and JIT); they're all on, and it still black screens after the dev logos; the intro doesn't even start. Latest version and build (v0.7.6-15-g9ad1c08 - Windows) too, running on Windows 8 (also tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 in the offchance Win8 was the problem, and didn't work).
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
(06-11-2013 11:11 PM)Mitsukai Wrote:  

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then, but I've checked all of those settings (Buffered Rending, Hardware Transform, Vertex Cache, and JIT); they're all on, and it still black screens after the dev logos; the intro doesn't even start. Latest version and build (v0.7.6-15-g9ad1c08 - Windows) too, running on Windows 8 (also tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 in the offchance Win8 was the problem, and didn't work).
I got that issue too. Just hold down the turbo button and wait till the intro finished. The menu screen WILL appear after a while. I think after a minute, max 10.
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM

oh thats the problem i believe the emu is not compatible yet with windows 8 ....someone posted a thread about it sometime ago i don't know if there is a work around on it yet, I'm on windows 7

neko try this link
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3755
it will explain the process for atrac

06-12-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 07:11 PM by KingpinZero.)
(06-12-2013 05:26 PM)hsark Wrote:  

oh thats the problem i believe the emu is not compatible yet with windows 8 ....someone posted a thread about it sometime ago i don't know if there is a work around on it yet, I'm on windows 7

neko try this link

Win 8 pro here and im playing Book of shadows just fine, so dunno whats wrong with his system.
Just completed chapter one using last revision and sound/bgm/voice and videos plays fine.

EDIT: v0.7.6-15-g9ad1c08....lol? are u kidding me, that rev is soooooo old. Dude update your emulator, probably thats why youre having all these issues.Newer builds here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

[Gaming PC]: i7 3770k @ 4,6ghz - 8gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ares - GTX 780Ti AMP! - Windows 8 pro x64 - Asus VG248QE
[Mobile]: Iphone 5s 16gb Space Grey - Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 LTE
[Android]: Nvidia Shield
[Consoles]: PsVita - Crisis Core Limited Edition PSP - PS4
06-13-2013, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 05:28 AM by Mitsukai.)
(06-12-2013 07:09 PM)KingpinZero Wrote:  EDIT: v0.7.6-15-g9ad1c08....lol? are u kidding me, that rev is soooooo old. Dude update your emulator, probably thats why youre having all these issues.Newer builds here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Is it really that old? It's the build the windows link on the PPSSPP front page directs to.

Well regardless, that fixed it. Thanks.
06-15-2013, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 12:13 PM by NekoJonez.)
(06-12-2013 05:26 PM)hsark Wrote:  neko try this link

I can now even see the intro movie Smile

Yup and the music is working.

Thanks a million man!
06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm having a problem. Whenever I try to move my character in the "overworld," it makes a loud beep when I select the square. It also occasionally makes the same beep while moving to said square.
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I tried using a different ISO, and the problem is persisting. Additionally, it seems to enjoy freezing occasionally while in search mode.