Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
08-26-2013, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 08:54 PM by dasreaper.)
Thumbs Up RE: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Hey guys, sorry for kinda "reviving" this old post, but better than doing a new one i guess! Tongue so this games runs perfectly for me in windows, but i noticed the text problem that the OP mentions. It's like the text is slow in updating with the next new message and ends up mixed up. It "fixes" itself if you wait for a little but sometimes it won't. You guys discovered a way to fix it or something?

Cheers!

Edit: i noticed that quicksaving with F2 fixes instantly the message i'm reading, but the problem is still there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 01:59 PM by The Fury.)
RE: Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
(08-26-2013 08:39 PM)dasreaper Wrote:  Hey guys, sorry for kinda "reviving" this old post, but better than doing a new one i guess! Tongue so this games runs perfectly for me in windows, but i noticed the text problem that the OP mentions. It's like the text is slow in updating with the next new message and ends up mixed up. It "fixes" itself if you wait for a little but sometimes it won't. You guys discovered a way to fix it or something?

Cheers!

Edit: i noticed that quicksaving with F2 fixes instantly the message i'm reading, but the problem is still there.
Furthermore, Holding X for a few seconds while there's text enables the auto-text mode (You'll see an icon top-left corner when it activates, this means you don't have to press X each time there's text), Which seems to almost annihilate the text problem Big Grin You can turn it off by pressing SQUARE.
Pressing the START button also enables something (You'll also see an icon) that seems to fix the text problem a bit, but I didn't notice any other changes in the game and still don't know what this enables, You have to press X for the text with this one, unlike auto-mode.

I played the game on a previous version of PPSSPP and the text wasn't the problem that made me stop, it was something to do with playing the game when you have to navigate the halls and rooms, I forgot what it was exactly but I remember it made the game near impossible to play.
I'm about try the game again on v0.9.6.2 of PPSSPP since it was a major upgrade in performance for a few other games i tried on it.
Will post results here,,,
02-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Hi! I'm kind of reviving this thread again, but I have a problem when I'm trying to play Book of Shadows.

Everything works fine, the intro and beginning of the game before you can walk around. When you finally are done with all the story before and you can move and look around - it first works just great UNTIL I go the hall above the Nurse Room when you find a corpse I think (I cannot see what is actually going on, I just hear the sound of flies). It looks like this:

[Image: 3022tef.jpg]

And as soon as I press Q for the map and move to another hallway, it's fine. But again, when I continue to the next hallway, it once again happens. Exactly the same thing, when something happens and she is screaming after Seiko.

I'd really appreciate some help, I'd love to be able to play this game as soon as possible! ;__;

Thanks in advance~
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
(02-14-2014 11:34 PM)Daftmau5 Wrote:  Hi! I'm kind of reviving this thread again, but I have a problem when I'm trying to play Book of Shadows.

Everything works fine, the intro and beginning of the game before you can walk around. When you finally are done with all the story before and you can move and look around - it first works just great UNTIL I go the hall above the Nurse Room when you find a corpse I think (I cannot see what is actually going on, I just hear the sound of flies). It looks like this:

[Image: 3022tef.jpg]

And as soon as I press Q for the map and move to another hallway, it's fine. But again, when I continue to the next hallway, it once again happens. Exactly the same thing, when something happens and she is screaming after Seiko.

I'd really appreciate some help, I'd love to be able to play this game as soon as possible! ;__;

Thanks in advance~
Annnnnd THAT'S WAS IT. The reason I stopped playing it. it's not playable, ty for reminding me Tongue
Exact same problem.
02-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Has it been doing that for a long time, or did it start recently ish?

-[Unknown]
03-14-2014, 09:18 PM
(02-19-2014 09:04 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Has it been doing that for a long time, or did it start recently ish?

-[Unknown]

Been like this for as long as I can remember.
04-07-2014, 03:14 PM
is playable or not?
06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
stuck at now loading screen
08-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Sorry if I'm taking moments out of everyone's valuable time but I need help I can't open my darkening and it is really hard for me to play without seeing it...
10-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Seems to work ok.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 OC @ 3.0GHZ stock cooling
Ge-Force GTX 260 896mb
4GB RAM Corsair 1066mhz
Windows 7 X64 ultimate
01-04-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: (iOS))Corpse Party Book of Shadows
I'm pretty sure the game works fine on Windows. Should be moved to playable.
01-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2