Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommend settings for Galaxy Grand i9082. Help needed from the experts :)
10-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Question Recommend settings for Galaxy Grand i9082. Help needed from the experts :)
Hi there, new guy here. My friend recommended me an apps called PPSSPP v.0.9.1 he played on his Mini 2 and some how I found it interesting so I might as well check it out. I've downloaded 2 games 2 days ago which is Project Diva Extend and Megaman Maverick Hunter X Big Grin. I tried to run both games using default settings and found that it lags so badly and have broken audios when in game but it went smoothly at the title menu Sad. One more thing, whenever I'm idle from Project Diva Extend at the title screen, there's should be like a short opening movie right? But somehow no audio or voice could be heard at the opening movie...most people said that if you enable Attrac3+ you'll heard some voice or BGM but not for me. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help solve my problem. Oh almost forgot heres the specs of my device Smile

Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-i9082) running on official JB Malaysia firmware.
CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7I)
RAM: 823112kB
GPU: I dont know how to check my GPU info Sad
Android: JB 4.2.2

->Does overclocking your device helps improve game performance? if yes, how? Ok thats all for now thanks in advance Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Recommend settings for Galaxy Grand i9082. Help needed from the experts :)
hey,

* you need to download atrac3+ plugin from ppsspp settings first before you can play the audio, (ofcourse you need a working connection)

* dont tell us that you downloaded psp games in the internet because we dont tolerate piracy, be careful or you will be banned from this forum.

* ROOT your android device, google it. then install setcpu app. you do the rest.

* i havent tried overclocking, but try yourself

* be careful when rooting, do it at your own risk.

thats all,
*globe94*

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply sir. Im atill new with psp and sorry if downloading isos from internet is considered as piracy. Ive already downloaded attrac3+ plugin and it seems that nothing changed. My android device had been rooted recently and setcpu is installed in my device. Furthermore, i have no idea on how to use setcpu eventhough i did some research on google. Thanks for the quick reply again sir Smile most of the psp isos i bought from a game shop nearby my house (copied inside my sd card) and some of them i got from my friends for your information. If my reply is considered inappropriate and rude, im sorry Sad
10-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Note: you need a custom kernel to overclock.. at your own risk of courseSmile although I've never had problems (not to say you won't) make sure to follow instructions to a T. Xda developers is what your lookin for.. then search your model etc.

S TO DA G
10-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey stodag thanks for the reply Wink so you were saying that i should change my official jb rom to a custom rom is it? Okay i might as well check on xda for the guide Big Grin do any of you guys had the same device or almost similar to my device and tried running PPSSPP v0.9.1?
10-15-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 04:38 PM by stodag.)
you don't necessarily get speed with a custom rom.. what it will do is free more ram ie: removing bloatware(all crappy stuff that companies add)..
Some custom roms have a kernel attached but most don't.
A custom kernel gives access to a locked CPU clock etc.
Tutorials are there, and easy once you get the hang of itSmile
Eg: I overclocked 1ghz galaxy s to 1.3ghz.

You can also use a custom kernel on stock rom... so no need to change rom, on some phones.

Edit: first thing like globe94 said, you need root access.. (PC required) Google superoneclick, run the exploit then just wait, that's it.

Sometimes takes 10 mins.. don't worry this is normalSmile

S TO DA G
10-15-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 06:50 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
I know this device, my mom has one. Smile It's not a good device for gaming, it has a Broadcom GPU, and that's better to watch videos in HD or something. If you try play games, the result will be not one of the best. Anyway you can try this guide: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236 This should help Wink

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-16-2013, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 06:46 AM by Ammarmsms.)
Hey stodag thanks for the reply again Wink its good to hear that someone had the same device as i do. GuilhermeGS2 ive been to the link you posted but somehow i was puzzled wether to set my settings to speed or fps Sad if you're playing a rhythm game which one will you choose? Speed or FPS? Between stock rom and custom rom, which one is better at handling a dual core device and freed more ram? My stock rom consume 50% of my internal storage which is 8GB. I dont even know why does it consumed that much size Sad and my external is only 2GB sad. What changes can be made towards PPSSPP after you overclock the cpu?

Actually the stock rom consumed 4GB of internal storage. Wrong reply sorry Smile
10-17-2013, 02:23 AM
A overclock will not make too difference. I already tested overclocking my phone at 1.4Ghz, and I get few Speed more. But the difference between 1Ghz to 1.2Ghz is greatest. What make the PPSSPP more fast, is a good GPU. Unfortunately, I think we can't make changes in that. I think the only one app that makes that, is the Tegrak Overclock (paid version). But I think you kernel doesn't support that.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-17-2013, 02:33 AM
in addition to those written above,

* Rooting, Overclocking , Custom Kernels, Custom Roms, Ram Manager, etc. etc. can BRICK your device, shorten the battery power, can make extra Heat temperature on your android, or even Virus it. so... Be careful when doing stuffs like or you will be saying "goodbye" to your precious android.

thats all,
*globe94*

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-17-2013, 07:52 AM
I read some thread about Project Diva Extend in this forum and ive found that if you disable Vertex Cache, the fast blinking will disappear hence add more speed and constant fps. But still the music isnt synced and somehow the speed drops. But its weird that my device is much more powerful compare to Xperia Play but it seems that i cant figure out the real problem here. Plus, once i rooted my device, the official Malaysia firmware downloaded at Samobile turn into custom rom when im checking it in download mode. Can someone tell me why?