Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Copy Savefiles from Android to Pc
10-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Copy Savefiles from Android to Pc
Is it possible to copy my savefiles from Android to Pc?
I'm stuck in Persona 3 and want to use a cheat...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 04:36 AM
RE: Copy Savefiles from Android to Pc
(10-11-2013 05:29 PM)Bl4ckb3ard Wrote:  Is it possible to copy my savefiles from Android to Pc?
I'm stuck in Persona 3 and want to use a cheat...

Exactly how it can be done depends in part on what kind of Android devices we are talking about (phone, tablet, OUYA, other TV set-top box). Some things that simplify things are if you have a USB bus on the device, though you can also use network connection to an SMB fileshare on a PC. (That's what I always do, as it works well for any networked device.)

You will need some good file manager on the Android device, such as the "ES File Explorer" app. Using this you can then browse to the folder "/sdcard/PSP/" in your Android filesystem, and in that folder copy the subfolder named "SAVEDATA" (for normal PSP gamesaves).

That subfolder should then be pasted into a subfolder of the folder where you have the PPSSPP ".exe" file. Relative to that location the destination path should be ".\memstick\PSP\", so that the copied folder becomes ".\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\".

You probably also have such a "SAVEDATA" subfolder on the PC too, in which case it's your choice whether to remove it first, or allow the new and the old saves to be mixed in the copying (may overwrite some old saves of the PC).

----- Other alternatives -----

If you use a recent PPSSPP beta on your Android device you will not need to use a PC to cheat in your PSP games, since the current betas have a very good cheat implementation. You can copy the cheat files used on a PC to the Android device for use there just as on the PC.

This means that you copy stuff in the opposite direction, and with a different location on the PC. This time you don't use the "memstick" subfolder. The "cheats" subfolder on the PC is stored in the same directory as the PPSSPP ".exe" file, but it needs to be copied to the same Android folder where you have the "SAVEDATA" subfolder, meaning the "/sdcard/PSP/" folder, so that the new full path of the "cheats" subfolder becomes "/sdcard/PSP/cheats/".

You must also enable cheats in the system settings menu of PPSSPP on the Android device before you can access cheats for any of your games.

Once all that is done you should be able to enable/disable individual cheats from the in-game PPSSPP menu using its "Cheats" command.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply