The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
google analystics app tracking
10-09-2013, 05:33 PM
google analystics app tracking
so a recent submission has added this

------------------------
* Unlock orientation again after some native fixes. Experiment with Google App Analytics.
The app analytics only tracks usage, sends no other information about
what you do with the app. Interested in opinions if anyone thinks this
is too much or maybe should be disabled by default.
------------------------

I haven't seen any posts on this yet and this practice is pretty common among most android apps at this point.

my opinion is that it is indeed too much, though not at this stage surprising as many devs try to collect valuable data for future use. I really only noticed this when the app prompted my firewall to block it

If possible may I suggest that either a seperate non tracking build be available or (as mozilla hopefuilly does) have disabled by default.

Given how CyanogenMod eventually turned out (and how one of the leads blogged about how 'painful' it was not to be able mine this data) I do think that the devs for ppsspp need to make it clear what direction they are taking the software so that users are aware that they are (currently) being data mined for usage and (possibly) more in the future, as is usually the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
google analystics app tracking - yuppydown00 - 10-09-2013 05:33 PM