Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3DS Emulator
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 08:17 PM by stodag.)
RE: 3DS Emulator
(10-07-2013 06:59 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  Well psp emulation started with jpcsp. And before starting an emulator you need to hack the console before to get proper documentation in order to make an emulator. Wink

First for android though... and no doubt the only native creation that will happen concerning PSP on android, unless you see rip offs like you do with psx,n64 emulation.

The next step for android emulation IMO would be Dreamcast.
Henrik said he thinks Dreamcast emulators would run very well on current androids.. that said I'm surprised knowone has already created one??
we need a dev whose interested in whatever system we want emulated.
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 09:07 PM by LunaMoo.)
(10-07-2013 05:55 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  The 3ds is hacked. Stop saying bullshit. Read about how they are allowing 3ds backup if you need a proof, also the team is about to release a nand dumper to use with their device. But still only on 4.5.
I'll just say that while I don't have 3DS and don't care much, limiting my knowledge to google about the topic I wouldn't call 3DS hacked if all it has is a flash backup player on some outdated fw since that "Gateway" solution doesn't allow anything except running game backups, forget about homebrew or anything else, in fact it seems to be a good bussiness so even if they could change it, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

As I understand unless one way or another the encryption get's broken the console will not really be "hacked" in a way that would be usefull for emulation. Feel free to correct it as you see fit, but I fail to see how an emulator could run encrypted games without ability to decrypt them nor how to start such emulation without any way to learn how it should work. Debating what should be called a hack and what's not when the question is about emulation should be clear enough by itself.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-07-2013, 09:55 PM
When the 3DS/PS Vita emulation be possible on Windows, the Android phones will has powerful enough to run it. Of course, it will happen in 3-4 years. And, according to I saw on internet, the new Cortex A57 has the clock in 3.0Ghz, or is the maximum clock, I don't remeber. But with that and the new GPUs, the PS2 emulation will be possible, I guess. Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
(10-07-2013 09:06 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 05:55 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  The 3ds is hacked. Stop saying bullshit. Read about how they are allowing 3ds backup if you need a proof, also the team is about to release a nand dumper to use with their device. But still only on 4.5.
I'll just say that while I don't have 3DS and don't care much, limiting my knowledge to google about the topic I wouldn't call 3DS hacked if all it has is a flash backup player on some outdated fw since that "Gateway" solution doesn't allow anything except running game backups, forget about homebrew or anything else, in fact it seems to be a good bussiness so even if they could change it, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

As I understand unless one way or another the encryption get's broken the console will not really be "hacked" in a way that would be usefull for emulation. Feel free to correct it as you see fit, but I fail to see how an emulator could run encrypted games without ability to decrypt them nor how to start such emulation without any way to learn how it should work. Debating what should be called a hack and what's not when the question is about emulation should be clear enough by itself.

you didn't read my previous message... they are running custom code on 3ds, they are about to release a nand dumper! this is a fucking homebrew! stop talking about backups (I don't give a crap about them), the gateway are monetizing their device this way, but it can allow way more.

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 10:48 PM
If you would chill out and stop being so emotional about it, maybe your posts would be easier to read if you think nobody reads them;p. Running custom code that does something would be a definition of an exploit, doesn't neccessary open a way to true homebrew, nand dumper means nothing really, still part of the same thing, but whatever, I'm not so interested into making people rage about useless stuff, not really into piracy projects either;p. Peace/

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-07-2013, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 10:59 PM by stodag.)
LMFAO....Its funny to see someone argue over bullshit.
Just calm down ffs..whoever right or wrong ask yourself, does it really matter?

FYI: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread...een-hacked

hopefully we can now all live in harmony lol

S TO DA G
10-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Lol nand dumper are not homebrew??? Okay, you are right, lets stop arguing and even if you're totally wrong.. I'll let you spread wrong information Smile and I'm not pissed off about the fact you didnt read my post.. it's more about what you are saying... Wink

Ps : stodag, the hack behind their flashcart allow way more then playing backup Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Computer--
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
maybe, I don't know anything about that, I just Google hacked 3ds lol just to save the peaceSmile

S TO DA G
10-08-2013, 02:17 AM
ok ok .... fair enough .... sigh im afraid i don't think we'll be seeing an emulator for awhile .... or a emulator at all...... ps3 emulator only does one game (providing its real) and thts tetris..... xbox emulator are all fake ... and dreamcast emulator is pc only ... android port was never finished Sad

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
10-08-2013, 12:57 PM
i haven't heard of any 3DS homebrew(as far as i know the current flashcart(s) can't run unsigned code) but the vita has been hacked a long time ago.
nobody ever mentions it because it has been a while now, and the people who have access to these hacks aren't sharing them(with good reasons)

and i wasn't asking for a vita emulator, i was just pointing out that at this point power is irrelevant as there just isn't enough knowledge/access to begin working on an emulator.
10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
OK, let's not get it twisted incase you was doin.. I was just the peacemaker..

S TO DA G
10-13-2013, 04:48 AM
(10-08-2013 12:57 PM)thedicemaster Wrote:  i haven't heard of any 3DS homebrew(as far as i know the current flashcart(s) can't run unsigned code) but the vita has been hacked a long time ago.
nobody ever mentions it because it has been a while now, and the people who have access to these hacks aren't sharing them(with good reasons)

and i wasn't asking for a vita emulator, i was just pointing out that at this point power is irrelevant as there just isn't enough knowledge/access to begin working on an emulator.

In the case of the psvita, the same happened with ps3 Smile unless some devil hacker are willing to open the console to average user, the conventional hackers will not move a single finger for us Smile (since it's not for us anyway if they're hacking their console). ahah

--Current Computer--
10-13-2013, 05:12 PM
So to summarize, their flash cart seems to be the real deal indeed, but little information has been released, and the exploit it uses doesn't work on newer 3DS firmware. Still, a very small door has been opened towards emulation, there's a LOOOOONG way to go though. Closing until there's any new information.
Thread Closed