Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
07-08-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Where to put the fonts at in linux so they work for Lunar? I put them in my assets/flash0/font folder and it's not working.
Somebody told me they go under the .config/ppsspp folder but there's no flash0 folder in there.
I think it's a bug with the Linux version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 10:05 PM
If you have custom fonts, they should go under memstick/PSP/flash0/font/ltn1.pgf. This is true on all platforms. On Linux, memstick/PSP is ~/.config/ppsspp/PSP iirc. On Qt for example, keep in mind that the assets are compiled into the executable. Changing the assets/ files will have no effect, and will get overwritten with every new build anyway.

However, using the memstick/PSP/flash0/font/ltn1.pgf path will work on Android, Linux, Mac, Windows, Symbian, and anywhere else - even if you don't have write access to / don't know where your app directory is.

-[Unknown]
07-08-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:26 PM by xenowildfire.)
(07-08-2014 10:05 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you have custom fonts, they should go under memstick/PSP/flash0/font/ltn1.pgf. This is true on all platforms. On Linux, memstick/PSP is ~/.config/ppsspp/PSP iirc. On Qt for example, keep in mind that the assets are compiled into the executable. Changing the assets/ files will have no effect, and will get overwritten with every new build anyway.

However, using the memstick/PSP/flash0/font/ltn1.pgf path will work on Android, Linux, Mac, Windows, Symbian, and anywhere else - even if you don't have write access to / don't know where your app directory is.

-[Unknown]

They are from my Psp, it works fine in Windows but in Linux it has PPSSPP/asset/flash0/fonts,
When I look under .config/ppsspp there are 4 folders, game saves, save states, cheats and system.
I don't see anything about memstick/PSPflash0/font. Or do I have to make the folders?
I see full text but it is missing half, I copied over the fonts that comes with ppsspp and it shows the same. I have even seached for a memstick folder.
07-08-2014, 10:31 PM
The fonts are used from that place only if they exist. They do not exist there by default. Yes, you need to create the folder.

-[Unknown]
07-08-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:54 PM by xenowildfire.)
(07-08-2014 10:31 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The fonts are used from that place only if they exist. They do not exist there by default. Yes, you need to create the folder.

-[Unknown]

oh ok did not know that I had to make the folder I will try that, sorry if it seems like I am giving you a hard time.

I have tried everything and it's still not working.
07-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Ok when you place custom or Psp fonts in you PPSSPP/assets/flash0/font folder when you use ppssppQt it rewrites them to what it came with it, use ppssppSDL and fonts are fine with Lunar on Linux.
07-20-2014, 03:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about something I'm experiencing. I like playing this game with texture scaling on, as it makes it look way prettier. The thing is though, when I enter battles everyone's sprite is texture scaled enhanced....except Luna's. She's still fuzzy as if texture scaling is somehow turned off but only for her sprite.

If I click texture scaled again (even though it's already turned on) or pause the ppsspp then unpause, she goes back to looking enhanced like the other sprites. This however will only last for the duration of the battle. The next battle screen she goes back to being the only fuzzy looking sprite unless I do the above again.

This isn't a save state glitch; I've loaded a normal save and the same thing happens. It also occurs no matter the texture scale level (whether x2, x5, etc.)

Anyone have any suggestions? My video game OCD senses are tingling seeing everyone looking nice and sharp in battle besides one fuzzy character lol.
07-20-2014, 06:07 AM
That means her texture is changing frequently. Are you using the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
07-20-2014, 06:30 AM
(07-20-2014 06:07 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  That means her texture is changing frequently. Are you using the latest git build?

-[Unknown]

Yeah, I'm using the latest (0.9.8-1659).
07-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Hey

is this game very playable on the ppsspp emulator at all

or are there some glitchy parts still

thanks
07-23-2014, 11:39 PM
I've played the game all the way through on my Droid Maxx and the only problem I encountered was the sound effects being much louder than the in-game music and having to change the fonts by copying and pasting the fonts from my PSP to the flash0 folder in the emulator.
07-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Does the volume problem happen even if you have both volumes set at max in the audio settings of ppsspp?

-[Unknown]
07-24-2014, 04:51 PM
(07-24-2014 04:11 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Does the volume problem happen even if you have both volumes set at max in the audio settings of ppsspp?

-[Unknown]

Yeah, I just checked on the new 0.9.9 version to see if it still happened and it still does, at least for me. However I must say it isn't really that bad of a problem and the rest of the game runs perfect once the font issue is solved. I am even able to turn on both texture scaling and the post-processing shader and run the game at full speed with frame skip off. Something that I haven't been able to do a whole lot on any Android device.
08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Small problem. Usually when a new battle animation or character portrait appears the game will stutter slightly, audio will pop, etc. This happens even with texture scaling and the like turned off. I have a fairly nice computer able to run most PSP games without issue. This only happens in this game and sometimes in FF Type-0, if that's any help. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!
08-17-2014, 12:35 AM
What render resolution are you using? Does it happen if you disable "simulate block transfer (unfinished)" or check "disable slower effects (speedup)"?

Are there any specific effects that trigger or, it just all in general? Like, does it happen during the new game sequence?

-[Unknown]