Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
08-31-2013, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 11:19 PM by masterdragon.)
RE: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
(08-23-2013 09:08 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 06:06 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  The game need Buffered Rendering to be enabled to fix that and some blinking and fade out problems

I tried all the buffer settings and none fixed the issue on Android or my PC(AMD video card). However, the newest dev build version has. Yay!!!

With this fixed in the newest dev build, the game is practically perfect. It also fixes the Magic spell effects as well.

Which newest dev build?

Im using the lastest ppsspp available at homepage and still having this issue on effects.

(Windows XP x86 here)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
(08-31-2013 11:17 PM)masterdragon Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 09:08 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 06:06 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  The game need Buffered Rendering to be enabled to fix that and some blinking and fade out problems

I tried all the buffer settings and none fixed the issue on Android or my PC(AMD video card). However, the newest dev build version has. Yay!!!

With this fixed in the newest dev build, the game is practically perfect. It also fixes the Magic spell effects as well.

Which newest dev build?

Im using the lastest ppsspp available at homepage and still having this issue on effects.

(Windows XP x86 here)

Nevermind, i did find it.

There:
http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

Using these lastest + some good font, im running the game perfectly for the time being
09-01-2013, 06:34 PM
The only thing i did notice is the audio been cutting off.

Especially when chats popup.

Anyone knows about this issue?
09-07-2013, 08:51 PM
(08-06-2013 03:37 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 03:34 PM)chakan Wrote:  Using the windows 64bit version. The last word of any dialogue is cut off on the right. Guessing its txt size? any way for me to fix that?

Runs great otherwise.
Thanks.

Rip your original PSP fonts and replace the ones in the flash0\font folder with the ones that you've ripped.

Here's a short guide, courtesy of Leat from emunewz.net, slightly modified for PPSSPP:-

1) Connect your psp to the pc through usb.

2) Your PSP has to be using custom firmware, both to run the dumper and to dump your games. I suggest cfw pro (http://code.google.com/p/procfw/) install it first.

3) Now that you got that installed (follow the instructions on their site), get " PSP Flash Dump v3.zip" from http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4687 and copy the folder "PSP Flash Dump v3" into your memory card under ms0:/psp/game/

4) Disconnect the usb, then start the program (PSP Flash Dump v3).

5) Once there, click "Press to Dump All Flash".

6) Wait until it stops. when it gets to "writing ms0:/flash0/codepage/cptbl.dat" it's done. It won't go back by itself, so try pressing some other buttons (don't press X or it'll start again).

7) Press "Press to Go Back to XMB : )" to return to your psp's main menu.

8) Connect through usb again, copy the folders flash0, flash1, flash2, flash3 to your pc.

9) Open flash0, copy the font folder to ppsspp's flash0 folder, overwrite any files.

10) That's it, you're done! All PSP games will be using the original fonts from your PSP now.

Hey everyone,

Anyone know where I should put the files if my phone never created a fonts folder? I've found multiple different paths where ppsspp has installed but none of them have a fonts folder. I tried to just place the fonts at the root of those folders but it's not seeming to work no matter what I do... I'm really trying to do this so that the text will display correctly in Lunar. I have the fonts from my PSP but I just need to find where to put them. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm using the latest official release from PPSSPP Gold if that matters.

Thanks!
09-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Bummer that no one seems to know what to do for the people who are facing the "no existing fonts folder" problem... Guess I'll just have to play Lunar on a psx emulator. Oh well, thanks to anyone who read these posts anyway!
09-09-2013, 03:43 AM
The folder to put the new fonts is flash0/font. It is in the same folder as PPSSPP executable.

The fonts are the only major problem that I see with this game until now.
09-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Thanks, but I'm having issues with this on my droid so there is no folder with an "executable" in it and there are only 2 places on my device where PPSSPP appears to create files/folders. If I try to put the flash0/font folder structure in either of those 2 paths, it doesn't change the font at all... It's a real shame because it appears to run Lunar perfectly other than this font issue!
09-09-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 07:35 PM by Squall.)
I cannot help with Android. You should create a thread to ask it in http://forums.ppsspp.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
since many people do not read all game threads.

If I use some options of the menu, the problem disappears.

Tested with 0.9.1-602 and 0.9.1-718.

Until now, it happens in many places:
-Entering in the house in Old Hag's Forest. If I go upstairs and come back, the bug disappears.
-Entering in the buildings in Black Rose Street (Meribia). After the video is played, the bug disappears.
-In Vane, it happens when I enter in or exit from the item shop. The bug disappears in the city when I enter in another building.
-Entering in Vane library.
-Exiting from Mia's room.
-Exiting from the left house in the north of Lann.
-Some places in Iluk.
-Some places in Ruid.
-Some places in Azure City.

Another edit:
Whenever I go to another area, or enter in or exit from a building, this entry is appears in the log in all cases with or without this graphic bug.
Code:
15:34:527 Main thread  E[IO]: HLE\sceIo.cpp:1948 UNIMPL 0=sceIoIoctl id: 00000004, cmd 01f100a6, indataPtr 09b5ba00, inlen 00000004, outdataPtr 00000000, outLen 00000000

09-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Does the text look correct on a PSP? If you create a save on a PSP and put it in PPSSPP's folder, does it show the correct text in PPSSPP?

-[Unknown]
09-09-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 07:45 PM by Squall.)
I downloaded a save from Gamefaqs. The save created on PSP and loaded on PPSSPP has no problem. After loading it, I saved in the same place and the problem appeared.

In all cases, the problem starts with the last letter of the place name. There are places where the problem does not happen when I save, such as the center of Meribia, but it happens in Vane.

I do not own a PSP. Here is a save with the problem. It shows "Van?" instead of "Vane".
It is also near the item shop, where the other graphic problem happens.

I am using Windows 32-bits.

EDIT:
I finished the game today.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ULUS10482DATA04.zip (Size: 286.41 KB / Downloads: 554)
11-02-2013, 05:54 AM
(07-29-2013 03:39 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  PPSSPP Ver: 0.8.1-929
Hardware: PC, Galaxy S4 US ver

The game still has a few issues with transparencies. Enemy deaths are suppose to be opaque white but show up as slight opaque black. Also, many of the magic spells have transparency issues.

Here is a screenshot:

[Image: lssh.jpg]

I have the game on my PSP console. Also, some sound effects do not seem to be affected by the emulator sound controls. They are still way too loud. and most noticeable when in battles.

The game is playable though. Great PSP Emulator btw.

Regards,

This is now fix in the latest version (0.9.5)
11-10-2013, 07:47 AM
hey guys i have this weird problem in lunar sometimes the cut scene doesn't play. its just turn the screen black, any advice on this.. btw im using 0.9.5
11-10-2013, 02:49 PM
(11-10-2013 07:47 AM)yuiyui Wrote:  hey guys i have this weird problem in lunar sometimes the cut scene doesn't play. its just turn the screen black, any advice on this.. btw im using 0.9.5

It happens randomly with me too.
Save the state before the video and try again. Close and open the emulator again if needed.
In black screen, if you press a key to skip the video (I think it is X or start), the game will continue, but you will not see the video.
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM
You are lucky to get black screen,here it was crashing when I played the game.
I was always creating save states when I think there will be cut scene next because I was always expecting ppsspp to crash

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Does the game crash a lot or is it fairly stable?