Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
08-22-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
(08-17-2014 12:35 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  What render resolution are you using? Does it happen if you disable "simulate block transfer (unfinished)" or check "disable slower effects (speedup)"?

Are there any specific effects that trigger or, it just all in general? Like, does it happen during the new game sequence?

-[Unknown]

Neither of those were originally on. Tried Disable slower effects, didn't help. My Render resolution is auto 1:1, so 1080p. I have no trouble running most games with those settings, though. An it happens when a new character portait appears, or someone is readying a spell in battle, it's a kind of half second hiccup. Tried a new game, happens there, too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2014, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 07:16 AM by [Unknown].)
Does it not happen at 1x PSP render resolution? Even if it looks bad, this will confirm if it's related to the GPU fillrate.

I generally recommend turning "simulate block transfer (unfinished)" on. It will fix a bunch of graphical effects in many games.

Somehow I failed to ask: are you using texture scaling? Especially if you have it about 2x, that can cause significant lag in some games.
Edit: sorry, you did say you weren't using it.

You're using buffered rendering, right? Not "read framebuffers from memory".

-[Unknown]
08-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Hey

when i play this game on ppsspp

the sound crackles alot now

thanks
01-29-2015, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 12:18 PM by hiro1.)
A regression
See the two attachments.
They are screenshots from the Japanese version, using the same font and tested on Windows 7.
The v0.9.7 one is fine but the v0.9.9.1 one has some unnecessary underscores.

The current version (v1.1.1) still has this bug.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-11-2015, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 01:43 PM by vnctdj.)
I just got this game from [Censored] and only problem I have found so far is the in the text. Some of the text on the vary right side of the screen is cut off, it's something I can deal with at least since I can almost guess what is missing on the non-voiced text.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
02-16-2016, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2016 02:11 AM by jobmasterlester.)
Same problems occured since ppsspp version 0.9.7. Graphical glitches while using skills (in-battle), FC while in-game, etc.. Please fix it in the next version.
05-04-2016, 03:25 PM
so ive been trying to get some cheats to work on this game. but whenever i try to load the save file with all items cheat it crashes the game. any ideas?
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Near the end of the game such a glitch occured twice:

1st time: the first battle with Ghaleon (after you enter red door). 2nd time: Azure City. The very beginning of it. If you use any of Jessica's healing spells outside the battle in the next battle there will be no text in commands, items, spells etc. (see screenshot). If you don't use healing speels outside battles everything will be fine with the in-battle texts. The only way to solve the problem found so far is to save using the ingame saves and then load from it.

And of course crackling sound is still there.

Verions used: PPSSPP 1.0.1 & PPSSPP 1.3
04-26-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 08:17 PM by ViRALiC.)
Question Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, sprite problem, android
The following issue only occurs on PPSSPP on my Android device.

I am using version 1.4-2-g647bc5d of PPSSPP.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

In celebration of my new phone I decided to play through my all-time favorite game Lunar.

I'm not razor-sharp when it comes to actual emulating so I left my emulator with all the default settings as they were and navigated to my game. Upon boot all went well, and I hummed along with the intro-music as everything looked to be working swimmingly.

The problem occurred here however: i67.tinypic.com/2ufrdhx.jpg

Now I'm not a huge graphics-buff, and I honestly don't mind smaller issues, but the sprite being split straight down the middle kinda' worried me. This happens to several other sprites too.

In desperation I wondered if anyone else got it working and apparently someone on an android-device did manage it: youtu.be/aGR6o6d2KTQ?t=68 (that should be right around the[/video] time where you can see his sprite is a lot less broken)

As mentioned all my settings are as default, but in a vain effort to fix the problem myself, I played around with some "Hack settings" the emulator offered though I failed to fix the sprite problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem or better yet managed to fix it?

Thank you in advance Heart

UPDATE: This is apparently the exact time where the video SHOULD have encountered my problem: youtu.be/aGR6o6d2KTQ?t=197
04-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-27-2017, 01:18 AM
Here's what it looks like for me (latest git build):

http://pasteboard.co/99XkgJawc.png

Two things are very wrong in your screenshot.

Settings I recommend for this game (non-defaults bolded):

Graphics - rendering mode:
* Mode: buffered rendering
* Simulate block transfer effects: yes

Graphics - performance:
* Hardware transform: yes
* Software skinning: yes
* Vertex cache: NO
* Lazy texture caching (speedup): no
* Retain changed textures (sometimes slower): no
* Disable slower effects (speedup): no

That said, even with vertex cache on, I don't see the same problem.

-[Unknown]
04-27-2017, 05:05 AM
(04-27-2017 01:18 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Here's what it looks like for me (latest git build):

-snip-

Two things are very wrong in your screenshot.

Settings I recommend for this game (non-defaults bolded):

Graphics - rendering mode:
* Mode: buffered rendering
* Simulate block transfer effects: yes

Graphics - performance:
* Hardware transform: yes
* Software skinning: yes
* Vertex cache: NO
* Lazy texture caching (speedup): no
* Retain changed textures (sometimes slower): no
* Disable slower effects (speedup): no

That said, even with vertex cache on, I don't see the same problem.

-[Unknown]

Hmm, that's so strange. I tried switching my vertex cache (whatever that isTongue) off and as you theorized, it didn't really solve my problem.

Could it be some emulation compatibility issue with the hardware? Or perhaps some comparability issue with android 7.0?

I'm gonna' go ahead and try with a few different versions of PPSSPP to see if that makes any difference at all. Thanks for the attempt mate.