Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.64 Average
Custom PPSSPP shaders
01-10-2016, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 04:16 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Custom PPSSPP shaders
(01-10-2016 03:31 PM)eddiefur Wrote:  Yeah but that forum is so limited... we can't upload any pictures or files on the forum... just tell me where to upload the file.

You can upload a file as an "attachment" that you add to your post Smile

I think you haven't seen this feature because you are replying by using "Quick Reply" instead of the "NEW REPLY" button which is more complete... Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 07:25 PM
There's the EmbossMe shader Smile

Attached File(s)
.zip  EMBOSSMEV1.zip (Size: 1.14 KB / Downloads: 3286)
01-11-2016, 07:12 AM
(01-10-2016 07:25 PM)eddiefur Wrote:  There's the EmbossMe shader Smile

Huh, it looks exactly like the Sharpen shader, just a bit weaker.
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM
... said the guy who don't know what to do with my code... I'm new to GLSL and C++. Gimme a break. I just try to learn and be useful to this somewhat kind of community. Damn, I just want to slap you. I've worked hard to learn this sh*t.
01-12-2016, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 06:35 PM by TheDax.)
I've been tinkering for a while to make Project Diva look awesome and i think i'm pretty satisfied with the look that i've got.
Here's some pics:
[Image: ec2ee19056.png]
[Image: 3a53d59ff1.png]
[Image: 22f4112002.png]

Download link if anyone wants it http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/DoHfZM1x/file.html

EDIT: Sorry for the big pics, they were supposed to be in the spoilers but it seems PPSSPP forum doesn't support the spoiler code.

Mod edit: shrunk pics, linked to full-size images. Click to view them.
01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
GamerzHell, you can shrink images like so:

Code:
[url=http://puu.sh/mt9Ql/ec2ee19056.png][img=480x272]http://puu.sh/mt9Ql/ec2ee19056.png[/img][/url]

The img tag supports a size. Then just enclose your img tags in a url tag so people can click it and get the full image.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
01-12-2016, 07:38 PM
(01-12-2016 06:36 PM)TheDax Wrote:  GamerzHell, you can shrink images like so:

Code:
[url=http://puu.sh/mt9Ql/ec2ee19056.png][img=480x272]http://puu.sh/mt9Ql/ec2ee19056.png[/img][/url]

The img tag supports a size. Then just enclose your img tags in a url tag so people can click it and get the full image.

Ohhh neat, thanks for fixing it for me.
01-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Hey guys!
I have the .hlsl shader that "theoretically" can be used for rectreating o imitating the PS2 Trails effect for PSP GTAs.
I PMed LunaMoo and eddiefur, but they seem to ignore or simply dont care about their PM.

So if there is somebody here who knows psp shaders well and want to try to convert my shader for psp - PLEASE PM me.
Thank you!
01-30-2016, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 02:22 AM by dcloud466.)
This seems nice. I see the emulator already has two sort-a scanlines filters included but I wonder if and how I can add in my custom filter. I already read up on adding the filter in the list, and making a "vsh" or "fsh" filter text file. Adding the lines in the "defaultshaders.ini" file.

So how can I get just a simple 100% black scanlines filtrer added to that list that'll work?
Or a simple 100% Black Grid filter added in?
- Also - is it just me or do those post processing shaders only work with opengl? Of course I never got any of them to work using directX so it must be.

Technique really only applies to 2D imagry.

I don't really like the Tv-CRT filter as it adds extra colors and doesn't really "filter" anything. I know it's trying to mimic the old TV set but even back in the day my TV had a better picture than what that filter. Wink A Normal Scanline filter Removes the extra horizontal pixels created when it's been resized giving it a legal Filter alias cause that's what it did. Adding a Grid scanline is the oposite, it can take care of all the extra pixels created after resizing. Of course it should cater how many times it's resized wether you need just a 1 scanline application or 2x scanline application.

It seems to be just a matter of adding the filter code to the text file but how..?

Thanks!

Here's how the normal simple black scanlines filter would look

Here is a grid filter

02-04-2016, 11:45 AM
lag or no lag in ppsspp
02-07-2016, 07:08 AM
thanks for custom shader LunaMoo.
Will you add HDR option for next update ?
02-24-2016, 02:21 PM
PPSSPP + SweetFX

Preview: resize to 480x272
Using SweetFX
Disable: No Postprocessing shader
[Image: Q2PxlVs.png]
Enable: FXAA, Bloom, HDR, Lumasharpen, Liftgammagain and Vibrance
[Image: SKpu41m.png]
For bigger image: http://imgur.com/SKpu41m.png

Text Tutorial PC Only
you can find a lot of tutorial on google or youtube on how to use it

1. Google SweetFX (IDK if I'm allowed to post the link)
2. Extract all the files into your PPSSPP folder where the .exe file is located
3. Rename ReShade64.dll or ReShade32.dll to Openg32.dll or d3d9.dll
-depending which PPSSPP your running 32bit or 64bit and the Rendering Mode OpenGL or Direct3D9 (self explanatory)
-Run PPSSPP see if you welcoming text pop out (if so your good for editing)
4. Open SweetFX folder and open SweetFX_settings.txt with text editor program to start changing the graphics you wanted.
-By default SMAA and Lumasharpen is enable by default
-Just play around with the settings to get what you wanted.

~Sorry for bad grammar and tutorial.
Enjoy
King

•Windows 10 (64-bit)
•Acer Aspire TC-605 with GTX 750 SC 2GB
•Tegra Note 7: Tegra 4 | 1GB Ram | 1.81GHz | Lollipop 5.1 | ROOT
•PSP-1000 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW
#ItsMoreFunInPhilippines
03-03-2016, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 11:20 PM by bomberman46.)
Are there any way to get these custom shaders to work with the Android version?

I want a decent scanline shader, but none of them works except for the built in one. The built in scanline with the lime coloring is really distracting because of how it looks.
03-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Hello!
I'd like to ask the Development team about this:
is there a chance to have cg, glsl multipass (to be able to use cgp) shaders support?
I saw tons of awesome retro shaders in the internet and especially for Retroarch. Would be great to have the ability to use them with PPSSPP itself, cuz PPSSPP integration into Retroarch is really baaad currently Sad
I read about glsl convertion but actually this is a really messy way for a simple user. And still it allows only 1 pass shaders AFAIK Sad
06-11-2016, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 09:45 PM by nover.)
I need some help trying to get the LCD3x filter from "Emulator Shaders" (available on Google Play) into PPSSPP for Android.

The full LCD3x .shader file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
   Author: Gigaherz
   License: Public domain
-->

<shader language="GLSL">
<vertex><![CDATA[
    uniform vec2 rubyTextureSize;
    attribute vec2 aPosition;
    attribute vec2 aTexCoord;
    varying vec2 vTexCoord;
    varying vec2 omega;

void main() {
        gl_Position = vec4(aPosition, 0.0, 1.0);
        vTexCoord = aTexCoord;
        omega = 3.141592654 * 2.0 * rubyTextureSize;
    }
]]></vertex>

<fragment filter="nearest" output_width="300%" output_height="300%"><![CDATA[
    #ifdef GL_FRAGMENT_PRECISION_HIGH
    precision highp float;
    #else
    precision mediump float;
    #endif
    uniform sampler2D rubyTexture;
    varying vec2 vTexCoord;
    varying vec2 omega;

/* configuration (higher values mean brighter image but reduced effect depth) */
    const float brighten_scanlines = 16.0;
    const float brighten_lcd = 4.0;

const vec3 offsets = 3.141592654 * vec3(1.0/2.0,1.0/2.0 - 2.0/3.0,1.0/2.0-4.0/3.0);

void main() {
        vec2 angle = vTexCoord * omega;

float yfactor = (brighten_scanlines + sin(angle.y)) / (brighten_scanlines + 1.0);
        vec3 xfactors = (brighten_lcd + sin(angle.x + offsets)) / (brighten_lcd + 1.0);

gl_FragColor.rgb = yfactor * xfactors * texture2D(rubyTexture, vTexCoord).rgb;
    }
]]></fragment>
</shader>

So my question is, how would I convert that to a .fsh file and a .vsh file? I tried just copying the vertex and fragment sections into separate files but PPSSPP (Android) just gave me a black screen when I selected it.

I've heard about "multipass" shaders not working with PPSSPP. Is this a multipass shader?

Thanks! Big Grin

P.S. The effect of this shader is to simulate the LCD display of the original console. It's used in the MyOldBoy and MyBoy emulators on Android and looks fantastic - it's probably the "perfect" shader to simulate the original feel of the display.

And attached is a picture of Shantae being emulated on a Game Boy Colour emulator for Android, "MyOldBoy", with the LCD3x filter: