08-29-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Ys Seven
thank a lot

I will try all those!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone, I've been searching the web for answers to this to no avail. I've also been experimenting with
different settings, but still no luck. Does anyone know what might be happening? If so could you educate me or
direct me to some info please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hardware: Samsung Galaxy S6 64bit Exynos
Software: PPSSPP v1.1.1 (Google Play Store version)
Game: Ys Seven (ULUS10551)
Complaint: PPSSPP crashes every time I change areas, and when loading cut-scenes.
Example: Game loads to menu, I can choose "New Game" or "Load", advance to difficulty screen,
I choose any difficulty and PPSSPP crashes. If I use the Windows version to advance past this crash
to the opening scene, save in Windows and load on Android, PPSSPP crashes when the ship makes port. Again, load
with Windows, progress to when I can control Adol, save in Windows, load in Android, I can talk to
everyone in the area no problems, but when I climb the stairs into town, crash again. It seems ANY
transition crashes the Android version. However, I have no problems with Windows (64bit version 1.1.1)
I Have tried: Many settings configs, loading from PSP save and save state. Buffered and non buffered rendering.

Please let me know if you need any more information, and thanks in advance.
11-10-2015, 07:24 AM
it works now but its slow the game
11-25-2015, 11:07 AM
The game is having some random crashes sometimes when going to the ESC screen to create save states.

The PPSSPP version is 1.1.1 the settings i can remember now is that the game is on fullscreen with rendering resolution 1.
12-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Problems with Ys Seven on Droid Turbo 2
I'm having a problem with PPSSPP v1.1.1 where the app freezes up when trying to load the game world. For example, when I first start the game, I can select New Game, then a difficulty, then the screen fades to black and PPSSPP stops responding to any touches I do. After this happened several times, I tried creating a save state on my PC during the opening bit with Adol and Dogi on the boat, then sending over to my phone. I was able to load it and go through the dialog of that part and watch the opening cinematic, but once the cinematic was over I ran into the same problem again of PPSSPP becoming unresponsive.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, do they know a way around it?
12-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-25-2016, 09:59 AM
How's it running in Windows on the latest build? Any crashes, freezes or game breaking bugs?
04-10-2016, 06:51 PM
(02-25-2016 09:59 AM)isamu Wrote:  How's it running in Windows on the latest build? Any crashes, freezes or game breaking bugs?

Bump. Please let me know. I'm debating whether I should play it or skip it. I really would love to play the game but not if it's plagued with problems or can't be completed. I have a fairly fast Windows 7 machine:

OS- Windows 7 x64bit
CPU - Intel Devils Canyon 4790k @ 4.6Ghz
GPU - Nvidia Geforece FTW 980Ti
Ram - 32gb DDR3 Ram
2TB HDD
04-11-2016, 03:51 AM
I clear the game long time ago twice on MUCH older(ancient even)hardware and I was only getting crashes while using buffered rendering.
I don't know the current state of the game on the latest build

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-12-2016, 01:37 AM
Bump-0-ritis
Bump-en-heighmer
Bump-globovich
Bump-0-rama
Bump-slimavich
Bump-0-rigormotis
04-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Bump-en-creamer
06-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Happy to report that I finally beat the game. Amazing game and had absolutely NO issues running it in PPSSPP. Thanks to Henrik and his co-developers for creating this emulator that allowed me to enjoy what I consider to be the best Ys game in the series!
10-02-2016, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 11:32 PM by redmaw.)
Been playing on PPSSPP v1.3 x64 version (Windows 10 x64) for a while and had absolutely no problems until I reached the area right after the save stone in the Holy Precinct of Wind (Kylos alter area). If I enter the area after that I get stuck at an infinite loading screen.

I have never had a problem with PPSSPP before so am clueless on how to debug this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Solved: Going back to the previous page I noticed that another person had a similar problem that was solved by loading a save instead using the save states. This worked for me as well.
05-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Does anyone have any extra cheats not listed online for this game?

I found a Japanese website with extra cheats for the japanese version, which proves that the two cheats I'm looking for ARE possible (and, as far as I can recall, I did once use them, before I had to wipe my hard drive, and couldn't make a backup of the cheats due to full disk space). https://wikiwiki.jp/cwcheat/Ys%207#j2bd5294

The cheats I'm looking for are:

Change Difficulty Level.
Change character stats.

One of my saves, at the end of the game, has the changes (Nightmare mode and character stats maxed) but it's only a save state, not a mem card. And the game is beaten, so, not much else to do other than restart.