Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ouya
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Ouya
(09-22-2013 05:04 PM)tenshin2002 Wrote:  This emulator is like OMG so good! And to Ouya it would really be killer!

That's very true, and for me there is no "would be" about it.

Quote:I have pointed out in several game specifik threads about a really annoying problem on Ouya.
I thought maybe if i write it here as an Ouya specifik problem some of the devs see it and finds a solution for it. Big Grin

I don't think so, but it's still a good thing you posted here, so you had a chance to learn that it's probably your OUYA that has a problem, while it still is under warranty.

Quote:Its to do with the color output on the Ouya. The games i have tried all work as expected (yay!) but the color output is very low. It looks like you set the colors to 8-bits in windows and launch a game on it.
So it looks like sh*t and with banding on the colors.
Anybody knows why this is happening on the Ouya and not other android units??

That definitely never happens on my OUYA, and I've tested a lot of PSP games in PPSSPP on it. I haven't played all of those games very far, since some of them are very time consuming (mostly RPGs). But if the problem was as universal as you describe it then even a short test should reveal those problems in several of those games. Yet I haven't seen anything like you describe in any of those games (appx 60+ games).

Some few of those games function badly in various ways, such as mis-zoomed picture frames or even crashing, but that is due to remaining compatibility problems of the emulator, and none of my games have shown the color problems you describe.

I suspect you have a hardware problem of some kind, either in the OUYA itself or in its connection to the TV set. I recommend that you test with another HDMI cable, and if possibly also with another TV set.

If the problem persists with those different setups, then it's definitely a hardware error in the OUYA so you should then return it for a refund or replacement under warranty.

Alternately, it's also possible that you managed to botch some of the graphics settings badly in some of your earliest PPSSPP tests, with those settings then persisting for future tests and through PPSSPP updates.

So it could be worthwhile to go into the 'Manage' menus of the OUYA and uninstall the app, after first clearing its data (separate command), and then reinstall the app from scratch to see if there is any improvement as the emulator then restarts with all settings at defaults. This also eliminates the risk of a new emulator version reacting badly to remnant settings that were valid for an old version, but whose function may have changed.

But if you have any valued gamesaves you should try to back these up beforehand, so you don't lose anything. Simply copying the gamesave subfolder from the PSP folder in your sdcard to a safe place for future resurrection should suffice. I use the ES File Manager for this kind of work, but Astro and other file managers can also do it.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ouya - tenshin2002 - 09-22-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-23-2013 10:55 PM
RE: Ouya - livisor - 09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Ouya - tenshin2002 - 09-24-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Ouya - Henrik - 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013, 11:57 PM