Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] PPSSPP causes computer black screen
09-22-2013, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 12:57 PM by mupralsh.)
[Solved] PPSSPP causes computer black screen
Hi. So I downloaded PPSSPP yesterday on my Windows 7 computer. I was fiddling with some graphics options and I changed the resolution of PPSSPP. My monitors (I have two) suddenly went blank and refused to display anything. I could still hear my music that was playing so it didnt crash. It was late so I decided to sleep but when I woke up this morning the problem still persists. I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but since changing the resolution of PPSSPP was the last thing I did before the problem started I figured it might have something to do with it.

Other Details:

PPSSPP Version: 0.9.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

I would greatly appreciate any help that is given Smile
Find all posts by this user
09-22-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: PPSSPP causes computer black screen
Which games have you tried ? Maybe it's a game-related problem...

Anyway, given that you are new here, you should take a look at the Welcome Thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi thanks for replying and redirecting me to the Welcome Thread Smile . Unfortunately I don't think it was a game related problem. I was playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and I was just fiddling with the resolution when the error occurred. Now everytime when I start up my computer my monitor refuses to display anything. It could be that its a problem that has nothing to do with PPSSPP but given the fact that it happened just as I changed the resolution I, think that that's the root of the problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?
09-22-2013, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 12:34 PM by Tabman.)
It probably has nothing to do with ppsspp, but it rather sounds like you increased the refresh rate or resolution beyond the safe range of the monitor. In that case, in order to avoid damage to them, the monitor refuse to work. Of course, if they refuse to show anything under windows, it's rather hard to set them to something safe.

Anyway, boot your computer and, after the bios info vanished, press F8 (you probably need to do this more than once, just reboot the pc again).
This should give you the something like this screen:

select "enable low-resolution video" and you should be able to boot into windows and change the resolution/refresh rate to something working.

And yes, this is completely off-topic Blush

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Smile . I tried that a few times and it still didn't work. Its getting late now so I'll try again tomorrow to see if it works.
09-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Enabling low-resolution video didn't work Sad . My monitors still refused to show anything so I couldn't change the resolution/refresh rate. Is there any other way I could do that?
09-23-2013, 12:47 PM
clean out your 295, this black screen crash is known to occur when the heatsink is packed full of dust and one or both of the gpus overheat.
09-25-2013, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 04:17 PM by stodag.)
you mean thermal shutdown?

Maybe you could restore your PC to an earlier time..ie before the problem started.

Ps : you won't lose any data doing this.
09-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks stodag, your suggestion worked Big Grin. And thanks to the other guys who contributed too Smile
09-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Problem resolved, closing this. Smile

Closed.

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
Thread Closed