Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help with running ppsspp
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Question I need help with running ppsspp
I am able to start PPSSPP. But when I click on Open, i get a message saying, "PPSSPP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Whether I click on send or don't send the report to microsoft, I get a message afterwards saying, "The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 could not be located in the dynamic library DBGHELP.dll." After clicking ok, the program closes. I run Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP SP3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2013 11:46 PM by dlanor.)
RE: I need help with running ppsspp
(09-17-2013 07:14 PM)theabsurdant Wrote:  I am able to start PPSSPP. But when I click on Open, i get a message saying, "PPSSPP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Whether I click on send or don't send the report to microsoft, I get a message afterwards saying, "The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 could not be located in the dynamic library DBGHELP.dll." After clicking ok, the program closes. I run Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP SP3.

The Dell Dimension 3000 natively has an integrated Intel graphics card, and I suspect it is of the kind that has no PPSSPP-compatible drivers.

I have an HP Compaq nx7400 laptop that also suffers from the same problem, so I had occasion to look into this problem recently. On that laptop I run Windows 7 SP1, which works fine, though PPSSPP does not.

But since your computer is a minitower model you should be able to add a reasonably modern nVidia board with compatible drivers to fix the problem. Though that depends on what free expansion slots you have.

Best regards: dlanor

(09-23-2013 11:38 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  The main problem here is this:

Quote: "The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 could not be located in the dynamic library DBGHELP.dll."

It means he's on Service Pack 1. PPSSPP cannot run on Windows XP SP1. Please upgrade to SP2 or SP3.
You may be right, although he clearly stated that he already has "Windows XP SP3", and still has that problem. Surely he should know if he has updated or not...

Best regards: dlanor
09-23-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: I need help with running ppsspp
Hence why I deleted the post. I misread the first one horribly. At the moment I have no solution to offer..I'm Googling to see what I can dig up.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.