Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Single/Multiple Final Fantasies?
09-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Favorite Single/Multiple Final Fantasies?
Just wondering which Final Fantasy/ies are your favorite. List down your favorite(s) and why. Also list down which ones you've played but aren't that good and also list why.

Final Fantasy:

III - Great game. People say it is outdated, I don't think so. Not bad for a FF. Great story and awesome mechanic of jobs. Music is awesome as well. Downside; Grinding... x.x
8.5/10

IV - Amazing game. Great storyline, characters, soundtrack, enemies,... So much I can't list. Also loved the introduction to the ATB gauge in the GBA version and love it's remakes and sequels. Possibly one of my most favorite Final Fantasy out of the whole (*main) series. Downside; short game, completed in a day. 9.5/10

VI - Bland, vague. Never really liked it. Gave it a try since most of the people talk about it. Couldn't even get past the second half of the game. The characters: meh. Storyline: Bored me. Soundtrack: Actually pretty decent. I don't hate it, it is just... blank... Upside; Music. 3/10

XIII - Not bad for an FF game. I don't see why people don't like it much. It is good, but music is a bit on the downside. Story is not bad, characters are good; a good game, not terrible. Downside; Music. 6.5/10

*Games in the main series, I-XIV, sequels count (IV-TAY, X-2, XIII-2).

~Seh-Seel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 01:22 AM
RE: Favorite Single/Multiple Final Fantasies?
I played about 9 parts of FF and The one that I probably Fell in love with was FFXII (12) I can say every thing was perfect in this game story and music videos and game play even the characters after it i prefer FFVII (7) One of the greatest stories one can play.worst part for me was FFXIII (13) story was pretty good,music was bad,The final fantasy Open world system is not in the game,The Experience system and leveling up has changed to the worst (for me),Final fantasy XIII is completely different than final fantasy..
Pardon me for my Bad English I'm Egyptian Smile
09-17-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 02:25 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
X and X-2 Was hands down my favorite Final Fantasy games. The story, the characters just everything I fell in love with it. But I have to admit it's my favorite because of the love story going on with Tidus and Yuna and the true commitment and focus they showed eachother, I always wish I'll have a love story like their. [SPOILER ALERT] I might sound like crazy to some but I guess I'm really sensitive. I remember the moment that Yuna learned that Tidus would disappear forced me to pause the game since I was crying so heard I could not catch up with the dialog. Also on X-2's perfect ending the moment Yuna leaves and she hears the distant "whistling" always gets me to tears. I can really sense the pain, confusion and the vacancy she feels in her heart. It's that feeling of that person you want to see so much but it's not with you anymore (passed away) and you just wonder where he might be and that you are completely unable to live without being with him again. 10/10

XIII The game that really won me and made me a Final Fantasy series fan. Before that I didn't have the interest to play the games. Everytime I tried to play any game in the past (haven't tried the PS2 games though) I found myself trying to find a reason to turn off my console, I was terribly bored, until I played this game. I really don't understand why people complain about this game, it was plainly awesome, the only ones that complained for me were the butthurt fans that wanted a VII remake and they got the "No" from Square Enix. The game was epic. So many different characters to attach to and actually I liked the soundtrack. I don't want to say more, it just blew my mind. 9.5/10

XII Amazing game, that lacks nothing to any perspective, graphics, gameplay, story, soundtrack all are just top notch. 8.5/10

VII I hear over and over people loving that game and I just can't understand why. Nor the gameplay or the graphics or the story imho are THAT great especialy thinking how crazy fans go when they talk about that game. Not that they (gameplay, story etc) are bleak but not as good as people describe them or compared to the rest of the series and trust me I don't talk for today standars It was the same opinion I had when the game first came out and I tried to play it with a friend. There are two or three nice ellements of gameplay and storyline here and there but that's all. The game felt terribly repetitive with completely uninspired graphics even for it's generation, it was just bad and lacking, and I don't talk about polygons etc, but I found the artistic design disasterous. It was a successful transition from 2D to 3D and Crisis Core made it look alot better. Not gonna give it a score since I had the courage to finish the game from the start till the end (played it many times though periodicaly on my friend's PSOne) only once and I was terribly bored until I'd finish it to the point I didn't care for the events/deaths of characters AT ALL, so my judgement wouldn't be on the same scale of fairness to the rest.
09-17-2013, 03:01 AM
ITT: VII is insanely overrated.
VIII is the opposite, it's underrated as hell.
09-17-2013, 04:27 AM
X and X -2 interesting.... what platform it is? Maybe I will seach for it :o

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
09-17-2013, 05:28 AM
(09-17-2013 04:27 AM)Ritori Wrote:  X and X -2 interesting.... what platform it is? Maybe I will seach for it :o

both in ps2 (ps3 & ps vita for hd remake)

my english is poor , sorry
09-17-2013, 07:17 AM
(09-16-2013 11:02 PM)Seh-Seel Wrote:  VI - Bland, vague. Never really liked it. Gave it a try since most of the people talk about it. Couldn't even get past the second half of the game. The characters: meh. Storyline: Bored me. Soundtrack: Actually pretty decent. I don't hate it, it is just... blank... Upside; Music. 3/10

LOL, Final Fantasy VI has the best story and soundtrack, what are you talking about? Its much better than overrated fantasy VII

My favorites are FF4,5,6,8

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
09-17-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 12:20 PM by Buko Pandan.)
My favorite version was not even released on any gaming platform, it's on youtubeBig Grin

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Funny as hell Smile) must have been a pain to get everyone to act and permisssion to use the campus and interiors
09-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Ive played every one so far 9 6 and 10 were my favorites

9 because i LOVED the music and characters
6 because the story was amazing and for 8 bit so was the music
and 10 because the graphics were beautiful the story was touching and the plot was neat
09-17-2013, 08:02 PM
I like:
5 - This is the first time I played an RPG and it was the first time I feel a serious story in a game. The job system is amazing and many party settings can be used.
6 - This is one of the best 16-bit RPG. It has 14 character and they are likeable.
7 - The materia system is amazing. The gameplay is very good.
8 - Good story and music. I like the junction system despite the draw problem.

I do not like:
2 - The game mechanics is broken and unbalanced. The evolution system is terrible and based on luck.
13 - Never played it and I will never play it. I read the reviews and they made me dislike it. The game is too linear and it has too many videos. And it features an absurd, a turn-based battle with AI controlled characters. And I hate AI characters.
09-17-2013, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 08:24 PM by Seh-Seel.)
(09-17-2013 07:17 AM)Nezarn Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 11:02 PM)Seh-Seel Wrote:  VI - Bland, vague. Never really liked it. Gave it a try since most of the people talk about it. Couldn't even get past the second half of the game. The characters: meh. Storyline: Bored me. Soundtrack: Actually pretty decent. I don't hate it, it is just... blank... Upside; Music. 3/10

LOL, Final Fantasy VI has the best story and soundtrack, what are you talking about? Its much better than overrated fantasy VII

My favorites are FF4,5,6,8

Yeah well it is my opinion... Smile I liked it, but very little of it. The beginning was interesting, but once in the middle, it broke down and I couldn't even touch it. You like it, I sorta don't, simple... Yet, I heard people saying VII is the worst though, I don't see seven being overrated (well probably not yet). And also, the soundtrack is pretty good, really. That boss music is the best so far for a game I really never liked...

~Seh-Seel
09-17-2013, 09:56 PM
(09-17-2013 08:02 PM)Squall Wrote:  13 - Never played it and I will never play it. I read the reviews and they made me dislike it. The game is too linear and it has too many videos. And it features an absurd, a turn-based battle with AI controlled characters. And I hate AI characters.
Give the demo a shot, trust me, if it was able to make me play around 9 Final Fantasy titles after that there's GOTTA be a reason why this happened. The reviews come mostly from butthurt VII lovers that got a NO from Square Enix when they asked for a remake. I don't read anymore reviews about Video Games and Movies, they are ALL so effin' biased that you just waste your time reading them.