Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Please Tell Me How To Root My Xperia Play !!!
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Please Tell Me How To Root My Xperia Play !!!
I know how to root my xplay and Modify it (custom rom/recovery etc.) .. but since my usb is broken , I cant connect my phone to pc anymore .. Can sombody tell me how to root my Xperia Play without pc ? My Xperia Play Version is 2.3.4 Original Firmware . Or ,, How can I Install custom recovery without root so that i can root my xplay using custom recovery ?

My usb (Not The USB Charger) Is China Made so when I connect my Xplay to pc , it says Not regornize on my pc and my xplay didnt show mass stroage mode on the notification .. But It still can charge my phone . . Is there any way I can fix it ?

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S4
Console : Playstion Vita
PSN ID : Merivex95<<<[Add me!]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: Please Tell Me How To Root My Xperia Play !!!
If your usb connector on your phone is broken I don´t think you can´t do much but replacing it or get it repaired.
If you used to uart or something to debug you can porbably do something, but I don´t think that its easy.

Anyways, why don´t you ask the guys on xda, maby somebody there can help you.
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
on some phones theres an update zip you flash through clockwork mod , you could try that, thats all i could think of m8 if your usb is broke.
01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
(01-12-2013 09:48 PM)stodag Wrote:  on some phones theres an update zip you flash through clockwork mod , you could try that, thats all i could think of m8 if your usb is broke.

how can I get into clockwork mod ?how can i install clockwork mod in my xplay without root ?

01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I bought a chinese charger for my phone which came with a USB-MicroUSB cable, and this cable only can be used for power the phone.

If you haven't tried any other data cable I recommend you to do it.

Some MicroUSB cable was build only for power supply functions.
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
(01-12-2013 11:32 PM)Arcangel Wrote:  I bought a chinese charger for my phone which came with a USB-MicroUSB cable, and this cable only can be used for power the phone.

If you haven't tried any other data cable I recommend you to do it.

Some MicroUSB cable was build only for power supply functions.

When use other xperia phone , it's work . but when with the xplay , Only get power supply function Sad

01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Another option is that you have USB debugging enabled, in this case the phone doesn't connect on USB storage mode.
Settings->Applications->Development. If you don't have it enabled then, yes your USB plug is probably broken.

For root your phone without pc you need this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1044765 (Second post)

Read everything carefully, and if you want to try it go ahead. To insert the apk on the phone you can use dropbox or another service.
01-14-2013, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 02:35 AM by stodag.)
ok you may need to change your usb settings, it might be under settings/tethering. Also you may need drivers for your pc not sure ill look further into it for ya m8 Smile

yep usb debugging try that also click installing of off market apps see if that helps.

Does the same usb work on the other phone? if so settings need to be changed. i have a galaxy s mine are under settings tethering etc, also have you got pc companion instaled wiyh correct drivers for pc?

Theres an app called Z4Root try that.

Itsca one click root app.
01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
(01-13-2013 01:31 PM)Arcangel Wrote:  Another option is that you have USB debugging enabled, in this case the phone doesn't connect on USB storage mode.
Settings->Applications->Development. If you don't have it enabled then, yes your USB plug is probably broken.

For root your phone without pc you need this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1044765 (Second post)

Read everything carefully, and if you want to try it go ahead. To insert the apk on the phone you can use dropbox or another service.

I already try this .. But No Luck Smile .. My phone stuck when trying to root ..
when enable usb debugging ,, it just charge my phone Sad .

01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Then I don't know, you can try asking on XDA. I even have different phone sorry, and good luck.
01-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Me to sry i had one but sold it s i couldnt unlock the bootloader Sad
01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
(01-14-2013 12:54 PM)Arcangel Wrote:  Then I don't know, you can try asking on XDA. I even have different phone sorry, and good luck.

its okay Smile thnk u Smile

01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
(01-14-2013 01:29 PM)stodag Wrote:  Me to sry i had one but sold it s i couldnt unlock the bootloader Sad

I had the same, i came across so many steps that i just gave up
Before the last update it was suposed to be easy, but if you hace the latest update then it takes a lot of research and determination

Altough i still have my xplay Big Grin
01-16-2013, 08:39 PM
(01-14-2013 01:29 PM)stodag Wrote:  Me to sry i had one but sold it s i couldnt unlock the bootloader Sad

unlock bootloader is easy as abc ..u just need a pc with internet connection and flashtool installed on your pc Smile

01-17-2013, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 08:36 PM by stodag.)
not all xplay boo.tloaderd can be unlocked

bootloaders Smile