Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make video on PC
09-07-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: How to make video on PC
I tried to use OBS long ago, but I couldn't figure out how to make it record like Dxtory at all. Right now it seems like Dxtory might be my go-to recorder for PSP games atm though thanks to the new settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 07:57 PM by Xenomic.)
Ok, update:

Tried to use OBS. Not entirely sure how to work it 100%, but for the most part I think I got it. Except that when I go to record, it's just a black screen in the MP4 file when viewing it in VLC. Dxtory records almost fine as stated before (previous issue of the audio/video lags some at some parts, mostly at extensive scenes such as say...Minerva's intro in Crisis Core), the problem being that when specific moves are used (Limit Breaks in general), the emulator will pause for a brief moment before resuming. FRAPs lags even worse than Dxtory in this regards. : S

EDIT - Or nevermind, sometimes the emulator just outright crashes from trying to record or something. : S
09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Did you use the game capture mode? IIRC, OBS has issues with software/window capture and OpenGL apps.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
In Settings > Broadcast Settings, I had it set to Mode: File Output Only, if that's the mode you're talking about.
09-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Naw, I meant under Sources, on the main window.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-07-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 08:46 AM by Xenomic.)
Oh. That's always blank even if I start the streaming thing.

I did a video using Dxtory (removed a couple options so the game played like how I was used to playing it) which allowed me to record without having the constant pauses. Will upload that here in a few and then post the link here for you guys to determine what else I could possibly do.

EDIT - The video

So this is the quality I get right now. I don't know if I need to post what I have for settings for both PPSSPP and my computer or what, but...

EDIT - So this extends a bit past PPSSPP, but I need help nonetheless if possible. Dxtory is my main recording program, as you may know, but so far only really works with PPSSPP, ePSXe, and Project64. It does not work with SNESx9/ZSNES at all (garbled images in ZSNES, tiny window that cannot be increased in size properly in SNESx9), Desmume (super lag compared to PPSSPP), or VisualBoyAdvance (tiny window of 240x160 like SNESx9 regardless of window size. Forcing Dxtory to record any bigger will lag the emulator badly). I would like to keep using Dxtory if possible, but not sure if it'll work. Camstudio doesn't help at all, and neither does FRAPs. I have tried OBS, but I'm still not understanding it 100% nor how to set it up properly (I did figure out how to add fields to the Sources at least...silly me never tried right-clicking in that window). So maybe if someone can help with setting up the perfect settings in there, that'll help me out a lot? ^^;;
09-07-2013, 10:28 PM
OBS seems good, but my computer is too slow to process game and video encoding with good frame rate.