Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change PPSSPP memstick path?
03-24-2020, 08:29 PM
Question New eras, new paths
Hello, PPSSPPeers,

I've searched around this forum and elsewhere over the web on how to change the folder paths to save files (COMMON, GAME, SAVEDATA, SCREENSHOT, SYSTEM, PPSSPP_STATE).

There's this thread teaching how to create symbolic links, but I wonder if things happened to change in the last 6 years and whether is there a way of changing the folder paths on the GUI configuration settings for a non power user like me (6 years is a lot. By that time we still didn't live underground, before the 12 Monkeys spread coronavirus all over the world). Can I avoid learning about those symbolic links? I've got other s*** to do.

It seems like this "Save path in installed.txt" setting does it. I don't know if it's me but I can't figure out what that setting means, as the installed.txt text inside the file doesn't change. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Yes, I read every FAQ and there's not clear mention to it, or maybe I don't know how to search for this kind of stuff. I found another thread mentioning [1] it but it doesn't explain what should I do with this file.

In short: I'm not a power user and I'd like to know if there's a simple setting to change the file paths like virtually every other emulator has like that pointed out by ZeroX4. I don't want game files on my Documents Windows folder. If "Save path in installed.txt" setting does it, how do I change this setting? Please be kind to me, sorry to ask.

Using Windows 10 and the installed version of PPSSPP 1.9.3.

[1] https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23016

"(...) Standard location of memstick differs between platforms, on windows for example it's at ppsspp\memstick or under My Documents, but you can also easily change it by going to Settings->System and use "save path in installed.txt" or manually create such text file in ppsspp folder with a path to memstick directory.

Note that all savedata, savestates, screenshots etc, pretty much everything that ppsspp can save is stored in it's own folder on "memstick", so using root of your hdd like "C:\" for a memstick folder is probably not a great idea, you will also have to move folders from your existing memstick to new location manually if you want to use that stuff:]."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply