Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Performance setting
09-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Best Performance setting
guys, i know this forum is all out about ppsspp setting and performance but i really want to know whats the best setting to be use for my....

android GTN-8000, samsung galaxy note 10.1 : (rooted anyway)
*1.4GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9, A8 processor
*memory 2GB ram, system JellyBean 4.1+
*GPU : ARM Mali-400MP4 (400 MHz)

im currently trying white knight chronicles, this is all my setting
*Graphic mode : NON buff ( if set to others, the graphics shows really really bad , pixel, and blur, )
frameskip off, force max off
antialiasing off, stretch to display off mipmapping off
deposterize off , antisotropic filtering off,
*System fast memory on
JIT on, MultiT on, CPU clock 72
debug logging off

its kind a lag when the movie/scene or something that needs quite big process, so its a bit unpleasent, but i think with that specs i couldve run this game smoother, any advice for best experience here?
and also ragnarok tactics FONT/text is really missing in ppsspp, overall... graph display just fine.
Thx for reading, hope i can get any advice Smile tq
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Best Performance setting
There is a guide about maximizing the performance of PPSSPP here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236

As for Ragnarok Tactics the missing text has been (mostly) fixed in the latest dev builds found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
09-03-2013, 12:18 AM
okay , so in ur opinion with my specs, what should i get the best to avoid any lag part,
and also, can we install data while in the game for cache n faster loading while in game?
09-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Right, first I pointed you to the link above because I believe that is the appropriate place to ask about this after reading the guide and following its recommendations and still having performance trouble. Now as to your question I use PPSSPP on a laptop so I can only offer general help here but two things I have noticed both from posts on this forum and from my own experiences so far is that first It really makes little to no difference what you set antisotropic filtering to and second if you're having lag issues try setting frameskipping to auto. As for data install, you can but I believe it is just as fast if not faster for the emulator to read data directly from the game ISO\CSO. Also please note that while I have not yet checked on the latest 0.9.1 release there was a very serious bug in 0.8.1 and earlier releases when it came to saves for White Knight Cronicls in that it will not recognize actual save games and require you to use save states for saving purposes.
09-03-2013, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 06:59 AM by vnctdj.)
Don't use the data install, it's useless when we use .iso/.cso files.
This option was made for UMDs, given that reading access from a Memory Stick is faster than reading access from an UMD Smile

Moreover, you should read carefully the guide that mr.chya has shown you and afterwards you should take a look at each game's thread you are interested in, because each game behave differently Smile

Closed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed