Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who wants to see a better PS2 emulator?
08-31-2013, 04:43 AM
Who wants to see a better PS2 emulator?
I honestly love the look and feel of PPSSPP. I think current PS2 emulators could be better and optimized further. I hoped for PSX to continue working toward PS2 emulation however they stopped working on it. What I am getting at is I dislike emulators with plugins like PCSX2. Who else agrees on a PS2 emulator similar to PPSSPP or other emulators that don't use plugins?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2013, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 05:23 AM by cloud1250000.)
RE: Who wants to see a better PS2 emulator?
Well, plugins are great. People can deliver nice thing without the need to put the source online too... That way, more people can be interested to work on some part or even improve then Smile Many people hate closed source, but well if it can brings more horse power, why not? Ppsspp is pretty young, I'm pretty sure someday plugins will come out too.

It takes a lot of time to start from scratch, nicely the ps2 is now well documented but well, it can take atleast a year of hard work to get somewhere Wink and well, there's still a lot of customization left on ppsspp ahah ... Ask exophase maybe ahahah

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 06:12 AM by takeshineale88.)
(08-31-2013 04:43 AM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  I honestly love the look and feel of PPSSPP. I think current PS2 emulators could be better and optimized further. I hoped for PSX to continue working toward PS2 emulation however they stopped working on it. What I am getting at is I dislike emulators with plugins like PCSX2. Who else agrees on a PS2 emulator similar to PPSSPP or other emulators that don't use plugins?
There a PSX emulator on PC called ePSXe witch as great compatibility. the Android version of ePSXe works with Spyro 2 & Spyro 3 where as FPSE they both crashes on entering certain levels.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
08-31-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 08:44 AM by Razorback.)
(08-31-2013 04:43 AM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  I honestly love the look and feel of PPSSPP. I think current PS2 emulators could be better and optimized further. I hoped for PSX to continue working toward PS2 emulation however they stopped working on it. What I am getting at is I dislike emulators with plugins like PCSX2. Who else agrees on a PS2 emulator similar to PPSSPP or other emulators that don't use plugins?

yespls.

yespls.

yespls.

Still dreaming of Ridge Racer V, Ace Combat 5 and Zero perfectly emulated and ran in 60FPS. A dream that's way too far. Hue.
08-31-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't see what so bad about plugins.
In the end you are doing the same thing...configuring settings.

Take for example VirtuaNES...that emulator have ton's of options.
How it will be any different if you want to get all of those options,you'll have to use plugins.

You can think of PPSSPP as emulator with plugins which are builded inside it(no external files).
You are configuring plugins that are inside the ppsspp source.

If you hate plugins that much,there are programs that allows you to merge all files into single exe and use it like the emulator don't use plugins

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Some people just don't want get troubled choosing which the best plugin+setting for each game, so......
08-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Well if you don't have a choose,then what.
There is no best plugins in pcsx2 and mainly the plugins you should you are the default plugins
Video - GSdx(depending on your hardware and os)
Audio - SPU2-X
CDVD - Gigaherz if you play from the disk or the internal ISo loader if from image
Controller - LilyPad

And there are also no "best settings" on ppsspp...there are also like on pcsx2,certain games that requires different settings(pcsx2 just have more things to choose from...after all is really old project which is still in development)

I really can't see the difference.
In both cases you must configure things and configure them differently for certain games

Save Game\States Manager
08-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Actually hpsx64 is in the process of doing it but PS2 is hands down the toughest console to emulate that has an actual emulator along with Sega Saturn. PCSX2 is doing a pretty amazing job on emulating PS2 for a project that is over 10 years old and is still active. The only issue with PCSX2 is that it could take a couple of rewrites to get polished and get as current as all other emulators of today but it's a really long aand tough job. IMO if somebody wants to do something nice and current on PS2 emulation they should offer their help on rewriting those parts and that's all.
08-31-2013, 05:58 PM
(08-31-2013 04:52 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Actually hpsx64 is in the process of doing it but PS2 is hands down the toughest console to emulate that has an actual emulator along with Sega Saturn. PCSX2 is doing a pretty amazing job on emulating PS2 for a project that is over 10 years old and is still active. The only issue with PCSX2 is that it could take a couple of rewrites to get polished and get as current as all other emulators of today but it's a really long aand tough job. IMO if somebody wants to do something nice and current on PS2 emulation they should offer their help on rewriting those parts and that's all.

how know , perhaps Sony will realise a Xperia play 2 or 3 ( after 3~4 years ) with the ability the run Ps2 games and a very good emulator

but seriously a PCSX2 PORT TO ANDROID !!!

yeah it may run some games with 0.1,08 fps ( 1%) -_-

i dont want the disappoint anyone , but look at NDS4DROID that was ported from DesMume emulator ; ( im french sorry for my bad english )

NOW please focus , Desmume run 2d and 3d games full speed even on old pc ( p4 3ghz and above)

nds4droid run 2d games like super mario with 35~45 fps on galaxy s4 .

pcsx2 run almost all ps2 game full speed on a decent pc ( at last a dual core 2.4 ghz ) run kingdom hearts 1 , 2 ,FFx serie full speed but a pentium 4 will run those games on 20 fps

finally i think a pcsx2 port for android will be definitly a bad idea , and they need to rewriting the emulator and the plugins for for each platforme
08-31-2013, 06:10 PM
(08-31-2013 05:58 PM)slamandar Wrote:  yeah it may run some games with 0.1,08 fps ( 1%) -_-

I don't think it will be that slow.
On 0.9.2 many years ago on AMD Sempron 1.5Ghz,FX5200 and 256RAM,it was running FFX at ~5fps(the first cut scene at the beginning of the game)and those phones now are hardly that week.

I also clear 5 worlds on KH1 by using Celeron 2.0Ghz,FX5500,512RAM with pcsx2 0.9.4

Save Game\States Manager
08-31-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 11:24 PM by slamandar.)
Hey there Vsub ;

thanx to reply because you are a important membre of the pcsx2 forum ....and ppsspp Wink

I remember reading on pcsx2 forum some thing about clearing 5 worlds on KH1 on an weak specs pc; it must be you .
I just noticed people asking for a ps2 emulator on android or a port of pcsx2 ,it really hard its not like a regular easy thing to port ; yeah i will be glad to play my favorite game on ps2 and do bug reports and staff ^^ but also don't want people to blame the developers for porting an emulator that will just waste their time, giving a bad and stupid review ( like : it lag a lot , ps1 emulator work better than this **)
Its not as simple as having a powerful cpu or something. Lets put it this way. Even sony devs gave up on emulating ps2 on ps3 softwarewise coz of the complexities of the emotion engine.
edit : Not to mention the amount of lines you have to use to code it. (2 million +)

Hopefully after PPSSPP and Drastic we will have others awesome emulators on android and others platforms
09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
The only problem of PCSX2 is the terrible speed and no game runs on my PC.

ePSXe is the best PS1 emulator, but it is terrible. When I start a game, it does not let me to change the settings. I have to restart it to see the changes. Most problems I have are related to filters for higher resolution.

Desmume is slower than PPSSPP and the resolution of 3D graphics is terrible.
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
and the emulated system is not even comparable.

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2013, 11:58 PM
(09-01-2013 07:17 PM)Squall Wrote:  The only problem of PCSX2 is the terrible speed and no game runs on my PC.

ePSXe is the best PS1 emulator, but it is terrible. When I start a game, it does not let me to change the settings. I have to restart it to see the changes. Most problems I have are related to filters for higher resolution.

Get a better PC.
09-02-2013, 12:27 AM
(09-01-2013 11:58 PM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 07:17 PM)Squall Wrote:  The only problem of PCSX2 is the terrible speed and no game runs on my PC.

Get a better PC.
Hue. Just like every one suggestion on PCSX2 forum.

Which means, if you don't have at least 3GHz CPU, you're basically screwed