Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Lighting to USB cable
08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Lighting to USB cable
Hey guys I bought a charger for my ipod 5 and then when I tried it it didn't work I am on ios 7 beta 6 and it was giving me a message telling me "this cable or accessories is not certified and may not work reliably with this ipod" so I bought another one it was giving me the same message but this time it was charging but after some days I tried to charge it and it was only giving me the same message but not charging can someone help me I tried cleaning it but it had no effect ( my ipod did not touch water or anything else please I don't want to wast anymore money)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Lighting to USB cable
(08-28-2013 04:45 PM)ridwan Wrote:  Hey guys I bought a charger for my ipod 5 and then when I tried it it didn't work I am on ios 7 beta 6 and it was giving me a message telling me "this cable or accessories is not certified and may not work reliably with this ipod" so I bought another one it was giving me the same message but this time it was charging but after some days I tried to charge it and it was only giving me the same message but not charging can someone help me I tried cleaning it but it had no effect ( my ipod did not touch water or anything else please I don't want to wast anymore money)
You've properly got a 3rd-party Lighting Cable that is NOT Apple Certified.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
08-28-2013, 09:05 PM
To be honest, your money is already wasted since you bought an Apple product, nothing can go worse than that.
08-28-2013, 11:11 PM
(08-28-2013 09:05 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  To be honest, your money is already wasted since you bought an Apple product, nothing can go worse than that.

what he said.
08-29-2013, 02:01 PM
(08-28-2013 09:05 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  To be honest, your money is already wasted since you bought an Apple product, nothing can go worse than that.

Glad to see that there are other people who think like me ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-29-2013, 02:15 PM
why r apples products so locked up?booooooooooooring........

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
08-29-2013, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2013 11:20 PM by Razorback.)
(08-29-2013 02:15 PM)arg274 Wrote:  why r apples products so locked up?booooooooooooring........

Capitalism, ho! That's why.

And that's one of many reason why I seriously hate Apple.
08-30-2013, 12:26 AM
They are expensive. I have one, but mine was grade b (few scuff marks) and got a good deal for just a factory unlocked iPhone 5.

I better not upgrade to iOS 7 then Smile I have a 3rd party cable. The official stopped working for me.
08-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Why don't people just skip iPhones/iPods/iPads? I really don't get why you have to put yourself into the trouble of having such an overpriced locked down device for everyday usage?
08-31-2013, 01:30 AM
apple products sucks but based on my friends experience compared to mine, it was soooooooo high in lets say, "security". Android users are much contented than those iOS users. In android, you can modify it; root, install any apps, and much more according to their needs. Unlike iOS (just iPhone for example), it is so very strict that you cant install apps not from their store or something like root it. Yes you can, by jailbreaking it BUT warning, apple will send updates, and will break your precious iPhone, how awful!! My friend experienced it and she said that it must a Samsung product she let her parent buy for her birthday. It was said that by modifying iOS products is illegal but they forgot that the law said that THE USER MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE PRODUCT SHE/HE HAD BOUGHT (i dont know if its exact)

Android

CPU: WM8850 Cortex A8 1.2GHz
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Screen: LCD 7" TFT, 800 x 480
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Storage: 4GB Nand Flash
External Storage: SD Card (up to 32GB)

Windows

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz
08-31-2013, 01:41 AM
(08-30-2013 09:36 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Why don't people just skip iPhones/iPods/iPads? I really don't get why you have to put yourself into the trouble of having such an overpriced locked down device for everyday usage?
People love everything Apple since the early 2000's since they think it can make them look cool.

So yeah, it's basically nothing but a status symbol; literally.
08-31-2013, 02:27 AM
(08-31-2013 01:41 AM)Razorback Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 09:36 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Why don't people just skip iPhones/iPods/iPads? I really don't get why you have to put yourself into the trouble of having such an overpriced locked down device for everyday usage?
People love everything Apple since the early 2000's since they think it can make them look cool.

So yeah, it's basically nothing but a status symbol; literally.
Yea, I also agree.. forgot to mension that! ^_^

Android

CPU: WM8850 Cortex A8 1.2GHz
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Screen: LCD 7" TFT, 800 x 480
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Storage: 4GB Nand Flash
External Storage: SD Card (up to 32GB)

Windows

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz
08-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Idiotic hipsterism.
08-31-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 04:39 PM by Terminator.)
Actually iPhones perform much better then android smartphones. E.g. my brother has a Galaxy Note 2 (great phone) but when we both compare apps, and tasks (performance) iPhone always performs better (i have iPhone 5). We booted games, apps, etc... and always iPhone was more snappier, and just worked.

Its to do with the optimisation of iOS and its hardware. They work in harmony so well, and you can tell his andriod (latest version) doesn't work so well with his Note 2's hardware.

Plus apps are tailored for iOS, where as apps for android are just blown up for any devices screen size. Take the twitter app as an example.. It looks fabulous on iPhones small 3.5"/4" screen, and fantastic on iPads huge display. All the on-screen layouts are tailored perfectly to use the big screen perfectly... where as the android is just blown-up smartphone app for a android tablet.

Also android is second rated wherever you here about it (media etc) whenever they advertise an app for android (online or TV) they say "finally coming to android" or "now on Android" or "coming soon to android" its never like Apple apps e.g. "exclusive to iOS" "launches on iOS" "only on iOS" "first on iOS" "coming to apple appstore"

Look all over YouTube, people have posted video comparisons of iPhone 5 booting graphic intense games faster on iPhone 5 than Nexus 4, Note 2, HTC etc. Simply because the iOS works perfectly with the optimised hardware. Basically iOS is more efficient with its internal components.

What you're getting with your android devices is, a powerful device, but with horrible usage of software combined with raw power, that is not efficient.. and can drain battery, waste power, and slow down. Even when you simply scroll up & down in contacts for Note 2.. i see lag (brothers note 2) on my iPhone... its smooth like butter.

Don't get me wrong both great phones, and operating systems... Its just that android still needs more improvements to work in flow with its hardware. But games and apps and all other tasks are flawless on iOS/iPhone. I still haven't had my iPhone crash on me since 4 months ago (purchase date) but my brothers Note 2 has crashed a few times already.. and he's had it only 2 months! He also misses his iPhone 4S... and wants to go back to iOS Smile he hates the experience on Android. (but loves the big screen) also too many ads on free games for android... but iOS zero ads (on paid & free games)