Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
it's amazing what ppsspp can do even without utilizing the full power of a note 2.
01-09-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 08:46 PM by thedicemaster.)
Video it's amazing what ppsspp can do even without utilizing the full power of a note 2.
I just shot a video of something that took me completely by surprise.
one of Samsung's unstable but fun little features is "allshare cast" allowing me to wirelessly transmit my phone screen to a little box attached to my tv through HDMI, but unfortunately as soon as there is any decent bit of strain on the hardware the screen becomes filled with compression artifacts.

I was quite surprised to see a game I didn't ever expect to run on my phone could actually run so smooth at a crisp 1080i(upscaled from 544p) on my tv at the same speed as when I display it only on my phone's screen.

it's still far from perfect as the speed drops by about 30% when 2D interface elements appear(like notes), but it's safe to say that when ppsspp gets some better multi core and android support it's going to get very close to what a vita can do(at higher res, and with tv-out)

ppsspp version 0.5 "nightly" without jit, with media engine.
1080p recording shot with a galaxy camera

Henrik: you're free to use this video to show off ppsspp.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply