Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone please create a Ubuntu version of this emulator.
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Someone please create a Ubuntu version of this emulator.
Hello.
I just started using ubuntu (linux) because my school decided to save money or something.
Anyway. I really like this emulator.
And on your site it says you support linux, but there's no actual version for it. And I have no idea how to compile and make it work on linux.
There is a version for something called arch linux, but that wasn't the same. It was a file called pkgbuild or something.
And ubuntu's exe file format is deb.
Can someone plz help??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:26 PM by xsacha.)
RE: Someone please create a Ubuntu version of this emulator.
I guess you have no clue how Linux works or anything like that.

Quick run down:
The exe format on Linux is ELF. The files have no extension. On windows, you might have PPSSPP.exe, on Linux that would just be PPSSPP.
A .deb is just an installer that contains the files (like PPSSPP) you will need.
The reason you don't see an installable binary is there is about 382742987 different Linux distributions and it would be impossible to have a package for all of them. Instead, projects rely on it being incredibly simple to compile stuff on Linux (just do 'cmake' and then 'make').

However, there usually is builds for Ubuntu because 1) it's so popular and 2) many of its users don't understand Linux.

Here, I compiled PPSSPPQt for Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dfnq5alpwqlr2pa

I hope your Ubuntu is the same.

You will need to: sudo apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-gui libqt4-opengl
Then just run PPSSPPQt

And the Qt version can't use keyboard yet (designed for mobile devices), so you'll have to resort to mouse.
01-11-2013, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 11:22 AM by PSPGamer.)
Thanks a ton, man.
It worked.
I also had to install something called libqtmultimediakit1.

But where do the settings go?
I want to change the controller shortcut keys.
And there's nothing in the Settings section.
Also, will ppsspp work with a PS3 controller?

Edit: sound and keyboard keys does not work.
Please help. At least with the keyboard.
Or like I said, if I can somehow enable the PS3 controller.
And btw, I'm not able to change the settings within the UI. I have to edit the .ini file.
01-11-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:27 PM by xsacha.)
(01-11-2013 10:46 AM)PSPGamer Wrote:  Thanks a ton, man.
It worked.
I also had to install something called libqtmultimediakit1.

But where do the settings go?
I want to change the controller shortcut keys.
And there's nothing in the Settings section.
Also, will ppsspp work with a PS3 controller?

Edit: sound and keyboard keys does not work.
Please help. At least with the keyboard.
Or like I said, if I can somehow enable the PS3 controller.
And btw, I'm not able to change the settings within the UI. I have to edit the .ini file.

Here's a new link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dfnq5alpwqlr2pa

This one supports keyboard.

az sx qe 12
and arrow keys

Sound should work. You can access the settings by clicking 'Settings' in the menu. Also, you can go back to the settings during a game by pressing Backspace.
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 02:30 PM by PSPGamer.)
Thanks, but this one doesn't save setting changes either.
And it doesn't come with that ppsspp.ini file.
When I try to start a game, it doesn't start. However, it creates the ppsspp.ini file I mentioned.
I can still not save settings withing the UI, and I have to use the ini file.
Not a big deal.

Edit: game started after awhile.
What's the shortcut for fullscreen?
And still no sound btw.
Oh, and is it possible to change the keyboard leyout or enable ps3 controller support?
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
changing keyboard layout isn´t even possible in the Windows version yet, so I don´t think it will work here.
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
(01-11-2013 05:05 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  changing keyboard layout isn´t even possible in the Windows version yet, so I don´t think it will work here.
I'd imagine it's easier to get this done in linux, and especially since this app is open source.
Anyway. The Qt version works fine, but I'd love if it had keyboard support though. I can live with the keyboard layout, but mouse clicking all the time sucks.
01-11-2013, 11:34 PM
(01-11-2013 06:12 PM)PSPGamer Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 05:05 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  changing keyboard layout isn´t even possible in the Windows version yet, so I don´t think it will work here.
I'd imagine it's easier to get this done in linux, and especially since this app is open source.
Anyway. The Qt version works fine, but I'd love if it had keyboard support though. I can live with the keyboard layout, but mouse clicking all the time sucks.

Dont worry, it will be added in the future. Till then you can use a program like glovepie that transforms your input.
01-12-2013, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:59 PM by xsacha.)
(01-11-2013 06:12 PM)PSPGamer Wrote:  

Keyboard works but a,z,s,x might not be the keys you want. Do you want me to map the keys to something different? I can give you a personalised build.

I have fixed the save issue. It turns out every device has this issue right now: no saves if you click 'Exit', otherwise it saves fine).

Here's the SDL version (effectively same as Qt one, just had it ready because I was working on SDL): http://www.mediafire.com/?3srd39psviv43th
Remember to stick the assets directory in same dir as the binary.