Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This.
08-26-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This.
(08-25-2013 07:15 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(08-25-2013 10:58 AM)Danyal Zia Wrote:  
(08-25-2013 08:52 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  EDIT:- I also just realised that the baseline should be 2.0, since the Radeon X series also works just fine with PPSSPP, with only a few lingering issues (like in GTA that other cards don't have) and it doesn't support 2.1 either.
I don't think that you are right here. X-series supports upto OpenGL 2.1. If you don't believe me then just take a look at the screenshot provided below with the use of OpenGL Extensions Viewer. Even that damn ancient X300 supports 2.1 , which means those cards that came after X300 such as X800, X1300 etc supports OpenGL 2.1 as well.

That's a different case though, if some extensions of 2.1 is broken in those GPUs such as ARB_pixel_buffer_object which permits buffer objects (PBO/FBO) to be used not only with vertex array data, but also with pixel data. Also, GTA VCS uses Motion Blur all the time which is an FBO effect after all, that makes a lot of sense to me why the current implementation of those extensions in PPSSPP breaks GTA VCS for those GPUs. Anyway, drivers of ATI/AMD always seems to be inferior as compared to their rival e.g, Nvidia.

Interesting.

So the wiki must be wrong then, since it claims ATI's X series only supports up to 2.0.

The drivers could support 2.1, but does the card ITSELF support all of 2.1's extensions?

[Image: iX9quhbqMkUr2.PNG]

This means that the X series is NOT fully 2.1 compliant in hardware, which is what I meant in my initial statement. The version exposed to the hardware is 2.1, but the hardware itself is only capable of ALL 2.0 extensions.

Here, look at this example provided from AMD themselves, even THEY state that their BEST X series cards are only fully 2.0 compliant:-

(This is the official spec page for the X1950, which was the TOP of LINE card for the X series)

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/g...tions.aspx

[Image: ipQArOGACr2G9.PNG]

The same Extension Viewer application says that the DirectX version supported is 9.0c, but we damn well know that the X300/X800 series ONLY supports up to DX9.0b in hardware.
Interesting. I think you are right. I always thought that it supports OpenGL 2.1 as per Extensions Viewer, so thanks for the correction. I'm seriously starting to loose respects for AMD. Btw, does most Android devices supports OpenGL 2.1? I've seen some Android users reporting Black screen on GTA VCS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This. - Danyal Zia - 08-26-2013 10:56 AM