Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This.
08-25-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 11:15 AM by Danyal Zia.)
RE: Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This.
(08-25-2013 08:52 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  EDIT:- I also just realised that the baseline should be 2.0, since the Radeon X series also works just fine with PPSSPP, with only a few lingering issues (like in GTA that other cards don't have) and it doesn't support 2.1 either.
I don't think that you are right here. X-series supports upto OpenGL 2.1. If you don't believe me then just take a look at the screenshot provided below with the use of OpenGL Extensions Viewer. Even that damn ancient X300 supports 2.1 , which means those cards that came after X300 such as X800, X1300 etc supports OpenGL 2.1 as well.

That's a different case though, if some extensions of 2.1 is broken in those GPUs such as ARB_pixel_buffer_object which permits buffer objects (PBO/FBO) to be used not only with vertex array data, but also with pixel data. Also, GTA VCS uses Motion Blur all the time which is an FBO effect after all, that makes a lot of sense to me why the current implementation of those extensions in PPSSPP breaks GTA VCS for those GPUs. Anyway, drivers of ATI/AMD always seems to be inferior as compared to their rival e.g, Nvidia.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attention: Intel Integrated Graphics Owners on Windows. Read This. - Danyal Zia - 08-25-2013 10:58 AM