Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A hello, How do you do, and need some help thread.
08-16-2013, 02:23 AM
A hello, How do you do, and need some help thread.
Hey everybody, I am new around these parts, you can call me Gawerty, Gaw. or whatever tickles you're fancy. I love psp homebrew and the original psp games, I myself own 4 psp's, 1 of which is one of the limited edition final fantasy 7 crisis core psps. there are only 77,777 in the world. which is why it holds a place in my heart. other than that, nothing much to me that I would share here until I get to know the place a bit better.

The second part to this thread, which is the second part in the title, are some questions I had.

I loaded up the original 0.8.1 version for windows x64. and, I got into a game just fine (FF7CC) only problem is, I did not know any of the controls, so I looked into finding a key mapping solution, I could not find one, so I looked on the forums, and could not find much, or at least. something I understood. while I am a legible person, I did not really understand much of the things said here. So I didn't really do much. do the github repository builds have a area where I can manage these controls? I wasnt sure, so I havent downloaded it yet. as my download does have a weekly cap. and I am quite close to hitting it at the moment. If it does, would I be able to use a ps3 controller? also, I did look into the compatibility of certain games, I would like to know, will there be problems while playing this final fantasy game on the test builds, or even the official version?

Thanks for reading this, while it is long, I certainly hope someone can help me/Give me a warm welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 06:52 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: A hello, How do you do, and need some help thread.
Welcome to the forums Gawerty!

I opened this thread with a measure of dread to be quite honest, but as soon I read your post a big smile began to plaster itself upon my lips.

You, my good sir/madam, are one the most coherent junior posters that we've had in quite a long while, and thus, it is my great pleasure to welcome you into the world of PPSSPP.

Here are some of the answers to your queries:-

1. The aforementioned github repository builds are most definitely imbued with the ability to manage keymapping for a variety of controllers. If you're already using an external application to emulate your DualShock 3 controller as a X360 one (like Motioninjoy or x360ce), it'd work swimmingly, and every key can be mapped to your liking. It is still rather rudimentary in appearance, but completely functional.

Here's an example of the Key mapping screen in the latest build:-

[Image: ih9zER9lMxsWT.JPG]
(click to enlarge)

2. Crisis Core plays absolutely beautifully on the latest test builds. There have been rather drastic improvements to both the graphical fidelity of the game and its performance too in recent builds, so I'd most definitely recommend the latest ones as compared to the official 0.8.1 revision for this game in particular.

I'd also recommend that you check out the following guides for the emulator:-

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236 (Performance Guide - recommended if you have a borderline PC or a weaker Android device.)

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5352 (Beginners Guide)

Once again, welcome to the forums, and thank you, for that well written and thought out first post.

+1 rep to you.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-16-2013, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 12:19 PM by vnctdj.)
Welcome Gawerty ! Smile
Nice to meet you ! Wink
People like you are rare on this forum... Undecided

solarmystic already answered the main part of your questions I think Smile

Anyway, you can take a look to the thread of the game you mentioned for more informations about it Wink

And given that you are new here, I suggest you to take a look at the Welcome Thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot! I actually did manage to find a program that emulated my controller with no extra help needed in that part. Thanks for letting me know about the test builds being better, I will definitely go get the latest build. Also, I will check out those threads, thanks for recommending them!
08-16-2013, 02:07 PM
(08-16-2013 01:58 PM)Gawerty Wrote:  Thanks a lot! I actually did manage to find a program that emulated my controller with no extra help needed in that part. Thanks for letting me know about the test builds being better, I will definitely go get the latest build. Also, I will check out those threads, thanks for recommending them!

You're welcome Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2