Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crisis Core FFVII black squares around numbers
08-16-2013, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 06:17 AM by sandbox242.)
Crisis Core FFVII black squares around numbers
JPCSP had this same problem when i turned anisotropic filtering on. PPSSPP is having it too and i tried turning anisotropic filtering off but it didn't help. when i first started using PPSSPP it didn't have this issue, but now that i've tampered with the settings, it has these black squares and i'm not sure which setting caused it or how to fix it. It looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/ClCyn.jpg

Though i don't think it matters, my specs are:
A6 3420m @1.5ghz (overclocked to 2.3)
Radeon 6520g
8gb RAM
The game runs at full speed, it's just this minor problem that bothers me.
Find all posts by this user
08-16-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: Crisis Core FFVII black squares around numbers
There is already a thread about the game here, you have to post your issues there. Please use the search feature next time.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-16-2013, 09:00 AM
(08-16-2013 06:48 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  There is already a thread about the game here, you have to post your issues there. Please use the search feature next time.

there was no answer in that thread and that's not the problem i'm having.
08-16-2013, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 09:12 AM by warweeny.)
oh i know this one xD

set texture filtering on auto, that should fix the problem (options >> texture filtering >> auto)

but next time use search function as said above:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...e#pid28943
the issue is adressed here (scroll a bit to the top page).

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
08-16-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 09:12 AM by solarmystic.)
(08-16-2013 09:00 AM)sandbox242 Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 06:48 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  There is already a thread about the game here, you have to post your issues there. Please use the search feature next time.

there was no answer in that thread and that's not the problem i'm having.

The point Gurlok is trying to make is that instead of opening up a new thread in the general discussion area, you should've just posted your issue the related game thread.

If everyone posted their own game specific issues every where around the forums, the place would get cluttered really, really quickly.

Which is why mods would often just tell you to do what Gurlok did anyway.

There's a reason why game specific threads exist.

They'll be here shortly to lock up this thread.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-16-2013, 09:23 AM
warweeny is right. Linear (CG) texture filtering also causes this glitch, because the filter thinks the game is playing a CG even while in-game.

It's a problem with the current implementation of this feature, it can't identify if there's a video texture being generated, it only checks if there is a video playing.
08-16-2013, 10:08 AM
(08-16-2013 09:11 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  The point Gurlok is trying to make is that instead of opening up a new thread in the general discussion area, you should've just posted your issue the related game thread.

If everyone posted their own game specific issues every where around the forums, the place would get cluttered really, really quickly.

Thanks for summarizing the thing up solarmystic, I'm trying to help in the forum and give less stress to mods, since we deal with these sort of threads every day.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-16-2013, 10:51 AM
This:

(08-16-2013 10:08 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 09:11 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  The point Gurlok is trying to make is that instead of opening up a new thread in the general discussion area, you should've just posted your issue the related game thread.

Thanks for summarizing the thing up solarmystic, I'm trying to help in the forum and give less stress to mods, since we deal with these sort of threads every day.

/closed
Thread Closed