Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gundam Age - Universe Accel
08-14-2013, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 07:28 AM by vnctdj.)
Gundam Age - Universe Accel
Sorry, first post here (English isn't my first language) i didn't really know where to put this, so i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that i don't put it wrong.

Title: Gundam Age - Universe Accel
Genre: RPG
Region: Japan
Format: ISO
Version: PPSSPP 0.7
Compatibility: Playable
Notes:The game works flawlessly, sofar i've run into no problems except this:

My Specs:
W7 Ultimate
intel core I3 2100
8 GB ram
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
ATI Radeon HD 5570

[Image: gpAiwvb.jpg]

[Image: 7hHR8lA.jpg]

i have no idea what to do to fix it, i've tried changing the settings (it made it entirely black in the end, so that didn't really work out, lol)

Is it my setting's thats wrong or is there some sort of graphic glitch common with emulated PSP games? i checked some threads and didn't find a fix so i thought i'd make a thread.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a awesome Emulator.

Edit: Turning off Buffered rendering removed the flickering but also removed the characters entirely.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 10:22 PM by Gurlok.)
RE: Gundam Age - Universe Accel Graphic glitch/bug
(08-14-2013 08:03 PM)Kaxzu Wrote:  Sorry, first post here (English isn't my first language) i didn't really know where to put this, so i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that i don't put it wrong.

Title: Gundam Age - Universe Accel
Genre: RPG
Region: Japan
Format: ISO
Version: PPSSPP 0.7
Compatibility: Playable
Notes:The game works flawlessly, sofar i've run into no problems except this:

My Specs:
W7 Ultimate
intel core I3 2100
8 GB ram
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
ATI Radeon HD 5570

i have no idea what to do to fix it, i've tried changing the settings (it made it entirely black in the end, so that didn't really work out, lol)

Is it my setting's thats wrong or is there some sort of graphic glitch common with emulated PSP games? i checked some threads and didn't find a fix so i thought i'd make a thread.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a awesome Emulator.

Edit: Turning off Buffered rendering removed the flickering but also removed the characters entirely.

You are using a very outdated version, download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds"). There could be multiple reasons for your issue, the emulator version (if the problem persist even with the latest one), remember to enable/disable buffered rendering or switch to cpu or gpu and look at the outcome, also sometimes mipmapping can cause this sort of issues aswell. Generally speaking ATI cards are a bit more buggy then nvidia ones, causing this sort of graphical artifact (since I own a nvidia gpu I'll try to test my game after I find the time to do so).

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-15-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 11:07 AM by Kaxzu.)
RE: Gundam Age - Universe Accel
Tried what you suggested, the only difference is that the character models disappeared entirely, i made sure all my drivers are up to date aswell, tried a few different versions (Even one that was linked to a previous issue) to no avail, i tried the elf cube and it worked without any issues, could the Iso itself be the problem?

Edit: Tried another Iso with the same issue.
08-15-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 10:29 PM by Gurlok.)
I tested my game and the outcome was the same, regarding the gpu used with. In my experience bad dump can occur, but in that case they wouldn't boot up at all, neither with the PSP. If there are no open issues on github about this I'll make one (after I figure out how to search properly in there).

EDIT: It's an already known issue, there are different requests about this, raven02 attempted a fix, you can read more information about this here.

08-16-2013, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 09:04 AM by Kaxzu.)
using the build 0.8.1-634-g1abd9ff as linked in the thread there gave great results, the characters no longer flicker and sofar the game has been working fine, thanks alot for your assistance, i'll edit this post if i run into any more problems! Smile

Edit: After the first boss, the same issue reappears
08-16-2013, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 08:23 AM by Gurlok.)
(08-16-2013 08:17 AM)Kaxzu Wrote:  using the build 0.8.1-634-g1abd9ff as linked in the thread there gave great results, the characters no longer flicker and sofar the game has been working fine, thanks alot for your assistance, i'll edit this post if i run into any more problems! Smile

Well, technically speaking that build is old, as for now you have two solutions, you can either use that build (which seems that you are already doing), or wait until the issue will be fixed on the future builds.

08-16-2013, 10:42 AM
i'll keep using this build for some further testing, if anything more information might help in fixing the issue, right?
08-16-2013, 11:34 AM
To put it in a simple way, yes.

08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Update: After playing for some hours, some areas suffer from the same issue as my screenshots in the OP, some areas are functioning without any issues at all, although the fix seem to put characters ahead of everything else in texture layer? for example: if a character is standing behind a wall, you can see the character clear as day
08-17-2013, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 06:52 AM by Gurlok.)
(08-16-2013 04:05 PM)Kaxzu Wrote:  Update: After playing for some hours, some areas suffer from the same issue as my screenshots in the OP, some areas are functioning without any issues at all, although the fix seem to put characters ahead of everything else in texture layer? for example: if a character is standing behind a wall, you can see the character clear as day

So in some parts of the game you are experiencing the same issue awell? Do you mind posting some screenshots about those parts?

08-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Of course.

[Image: wxdi0iZ.jpg]
[Image: wxdi0iZ.jpg]
[Image: vpYPhzT.jpg]
[Image: 9dtGiNh.jpg]
[Image: IAfJz9Z.jpg]
[Image: bDdqU5h.jpg]
08-17-2013, 08:32 AM
You have my thanks. Could you please resize them? They are too big to for the forum.

08-17-2013, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 08:37 AM by TheDax.)
On that note, you can have the forum resize them as such:
Code:
[url=https://i.minus.com/iEh9wUGgKfELS.png][img=960x544]https://i.minus.com/iEh9wUGgKfELS.png[/img][/url]

This way it creates a clickable thumbnail. Change the 960x544 to whatever you like, if you feel it's not enough. 480x272 might be more mobile friendly, though.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-17-2013, 09:09 AM
(08-17-2013 08:36 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  On that note, you can have the forum resize them as such:
Code:
[url=https://i.minus.com/iEh9wUGgKfELS.png][img=960x544]https://i.minus.com/iEh9wUGgKfELS.png[/img][/url]

This way it creates a clickable thumbnail. Change the 960x544 to whatever you like, if you feel it's not enough. 480x272 might be more mobile friendly, though.

Uh, I didn't know you could resize them with the thumbnail, thanks for the advice Smile

08-17-2013, 09:10 AM
The thumbnail is created via the URL tags. Smile

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.