Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
As an ex-psp HB developer I was so excited...
08-13-2013, 11:48 AM
As an ex-psp HB developer I was so excited...
First of all, fantastic work on this emulator. its brilliant, by far the best emulator I have seen for PSP so huge thanks!

Many years ago I wrote some homebrew for the PSP, such examples as Sensitive, Boggle, PSP stack, Mayhem in Monsterland and some others.

Being the narcissist that I am the first thing I tried was my games =) however none of them work, which makes me sad.

I've tried all the different graphics settings and on both android and windows versions but still no joy (although enabling display raw buffer helps)

the game basically plays, but many graphical objects are missing.

Is this a known issue? is it something being looked at? is there anything I can do to improve? I would love nothing more that to get some of these old games playing on my phone.

Thanks again!
Jamie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: As an ex-psp HB developer I was so excited...
nobody cares
08-13-2013, 12:24 PM
(08-13-2013 12:18 PM)elsword Wrote:  nobody cares

Hahaha, what a bleak and sad message that was...hugs?
08-13-2013, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 12:29 PM by sfageas.)
Tried Mayhem in Monsterland with an older build(when Display Raw Framebuffer was still there)and background is visible but not the characters
You can post an issue on github here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...state=open based on Homebrew & display raw framebuffer
If you try any latest build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ you will see that DRF removed and if you try the game and cycle through rendering mode for a brief moment the background is visible.DRF is important for homebrews,i hope for a return with the new UI Smile

@elsword you are asking for

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-13-2013, 12:34 PM
(08-13-2013 12:25 PM)sfageas Wrote:  Tried Mayhem in Monsterland with an older build(when Display Raw Framebuffer was still there)and background is visible but not the characters
You can post an issue on github here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...state=open based on Homebrew & display raw framebuffer
If you try any latest build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ you will see that DRF removed and if you try the game and cycle through rendering mode for a brief moment the background is visible.DRF is important for homebrews,i hope for a return with the new UI Smile

Thanks sfageas, thats exactly what I was getting. I've never found an emulator that my games do work on but this one is by far and away the closest to actually working!

I'll try to log it on github.
08-13-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 01:25 PM by stodag.)
who's this elsword mush.... nothing but negatives.
Get knowhere in life being negative m8..
This forum is friendly/user friendly for the most part, hopefully these people who you throw your snide remarks at don't feel like they can post here..
I've seen people banned for less.

S TO DA G
08-13-2013, 01:55 PM
@jamiefuller if you there are still make a game? or already retire for it? Big Grin

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
08-13-2013, 02:01 PM
(08-13-2013 01:25 PM)stodag Wrote:  who's this elsword mush.... nothing but negatives.
Get knowhere in life being negative m8..
This forum is friendly/user friendly for the most part, hopefully these people who you throw your snide remarks at don't feel like they can post here..
I've seen people banned for less.

banned :p :x

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
08-13-2013, 02:16 PM
mouth can be bad sometimes,the forum exist to got a review from people about this emulator,it's not place for badmouthing people or post something unnecessary+bad talk,ppsspp is user friendlySmile.

lost ones tester todaySad.hope not happen frequently.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied with welcoming messages!

(08-13-2013 01:55 PM)Ritori Wrote:  @jamiefuller if you there are still make a game? or already retire for it? Big Grin

I am retired from Homebrew dev. My work and family commitments have really taken over my life. I also have found a new love instead of programming in photography, which takes up what very little spare time I have nowadays.

Would be happy to provide any source cope etc for my games if it would help the devs though?
08-13-2013, 02:53 PM
At least you can add a positive instead of a negative..
Good luck.

S TO DA G
08-13-2013, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 03:00 PM by Henrik.)
Welcome Jamie! Did you use the CPU to do all the drawing or just the backgrounds? Otherwise it's weird that it only partly works.

Feel free to send me your sources, [email protected] , I'll try to find time to take a look.

Thanks for banning that jackass elsword, arg.
08-13-2013, 03:33 PM
(08-13-2013 02:59 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Welcome Jamie! Did you use the CPU to do all the drawing or just the backgrounds? Otherwise it's weird that it only partly works.

Feel free to send me your sources, [email protected] , I'll try to find time to take a look.

Thanks for banning that jackass elsword, arg.

Wow, thanks Henrik, Yeah everything was drawn using the CPU and standard graphics libraries. I've sent you the sources for PSP boggle. Any light that you can shed would be great, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thanks again.
08-14-2013, 08:20 AM
If you write anything to the framebuffer, it's not surprising that it doesn't work.
The software renderer in the works will probably display your game properly when it is integrated in PPSSPP.
08-14-2013, 08:40 AM
(08-14-2013 08:20 AM)Orphis Wrote:  If you write anything to the framebuffer, it's not surprising that it doesn't work.
The software renderer in the works will probably display your game properly when it is integrated in PPSSPP.

Thanks, This makes me very happy to hear!