Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is There A Way To..
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Is There A Way To..
share save data with this emulator and JPCSP?

for example there's a part in digimon adventures near the end of the game thats unplayable in PPSSPP but it works in JPCSP. is there a way I can continue playing with my data in JPCSP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Is There A Way To..
There are multiple threads about your same question, please use the search feature next time.

For a short answer: Yes.
For a detailed one: It could be possible, for some reasons though the transfered savedata between JPCSP/PPSSPP/PSP don't work always, some games don't recognize the saved data properly. Your best bet is to try.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I've never used JPCSP but isn't it just a simple copy=>paste?
"ms0\PSP\SAVEDATA\your save" to "memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\"

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-12-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 08:49 PM by Shadow Lady.)
Yeah it's that simple but you may need to enable "Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode" in JPCSP for it to be read and the save may not be readable on ppsspp again after that... try keeping backups just in case that happens. Also may need to find the right folder name for JPCSP, sometimes it's different between both.
08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
(08-12-2013 08:46 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:  Yeah it's that simple but you may need to enable "Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode" in JPCSP for it to be read and the save may not be readable on ppsspp again after that... try keeping backups just in case that happens. Also may need to find the right folder name for JPCSP, sometimes it's different between both.

yeah I had to 'Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode' in order for it to read properly. is there any way to make it readable again for PPSSPP? I'm really only playing on JPCSP to get past a certain unplayable section then I wanna go right back to PPSSPP after i've passed it
08-12-2013, 11:19 PM
(08-12-2013 09:50 PM)bogey_j Wrote:  yeah I had to 'Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode' in order for it to read properly. is there any way to make it readable again for PPSSPP? I'm really only playing on JPCSP to get past a certain unplayable section then I wanna go right back to PPSSPP after i've passed it

Did you try to move again the save back to ppsspp to check if it can be read again? (Don't forget to make a backup). It would be wise to first test the save before advancing in the game with jpcsp and later realize that it will not work.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts