Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
(01-17-2013 08:19 AM)ptitSeb Wrote:  A "[0]" on glConfig is missplaced, so I had first a compile error, then a Segfault at run. I'll send the diff later.
Ok, thanks! By the way, are you sure it needs to be an array? [1]? The old version (without the array) is what is used on Blackberry. I can't imagine the EGL calls would differ between platforms.

Quote:About the #include <signal.h> and #undef R0, with the new JIT, I had many new ambiguities, with almost all register from R0 to R11... I tried to #undef them but it didn't work, so I fall back (again, I know it's bad) to not include signal and declare kill.
Sort of sucks but I guess we can use the kill define if it's needed, as a platform hack. Seems silly to rename all the R0 to R11's as that's a convenient name for registers.
Either that or we could explicitly use the namespaces.

Quote:About JIT (the version in the current git repo master branch), it compiled and run successfully on the Pandora. I activate it wth the GUI and try a couple of games. They works flawlessly but I did't found that the performance changed.
Do you know if there is some profiling tool inside PPSSPP that can be activated? I didn't found any but didn't look very much.
No profiling tool AFAIK. The bottleneck may be the GPU (as was the case with Nexus S).
Is it possible to check if the JIT is actually being enabled? Maybe it's failing and falling back or something?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora - xsacha - 01-17-2013 10:45 AM