Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 11:53 AM by ptitSeb.)
Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
I have ported PPSSPP to the OpenPandora.

The OpenPandora is a HandHeld device with a Cortex-A8 (600Mhz or 1GHz) processor running Linux.

More info on the port here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/...r-for-psp/

Sourcecode attached in the openpandora thread, to big to post here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
Cool!

But releasing the source code as a tar.gz dump, while good, it not very useful. Can you instead post it as a branch (or two if you modified the "native" project) on github, and maybe make pull requests? If you do, we'll merge your work into the main code base which will save you work updating the port in the future.
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
(01-06-2013 12:04 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Cool!

But releasing the source code as a tar.gz dump, while good, it not very useful. Can you instead post it as a branch (or two if you modified the "native" project) on github, and maybe make pull requests? If you do, we'll merge your work into the main code base which will save you work updating the port in the future.

Hum, I'll try, but I've never done this before... I am still learning, and git is quite new.
I had modify "native" also. I have done modifications like for the Blackberry port.
01-10-2013, 04:48 AM
Can you do a diff of your work against hrydgard's repo?
01-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Hum, how do I do that (I new to the diff / git / svn things) ? I get a fresh copy of the ppsspp repo, forcing release 0.5, and than I do a diff path/to/my/src/dir path/to/fresh/copy ?
01-11-2013, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 07:09 AM by Henrik.)
git has a built-in diff tool, use that Smile

If you have simply checked out my repo and made changes, all you need to do to see them is:
git diff

Then you can git add and git commit those changes, and for example push them to a repo of your own on Github. From there you can make a "pull request" which lets me merge or comment very easily.

Also git status is useful to see what you have changed and added.
01-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Ok, looks nice and easy. I do that this Week End.
01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Here are the diff!

But the files I added in native are not listed.
They are in the native/base folder

I am still not comfortable with git...

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspp.zip (Size: 1.79 KB / Downloads: 608)
.zip  native_base.zip (Size: 7.79 KB / Downloads: 598)
01-12-2013, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 12:01 PM by xsacha.)
(01-12-2013 10:19 AM)ptitSeb Wrote:  Here are the diff!

But the files I added in native are not listed.
They are in the native/base folder

I am still not comfortable with git...

I'll merge these with the git for you and mention it's from you.

I've identified a few redundancies (like GLchar defined twice) and some places where the style differs to the project (eg. indenting defines) and fixed those up.
For the Pandomain.cpp, I don't think that's required. From the looks of the code it's just plain SDL with some key tweaks and including eglport. That will merge with PCMain.cpp quite nicely.

For the libraries, I noticed you link asound. I don't see it used at all though (SDL is used for audio). Is this actually needed?

By the way, out of the native funcs, only LaunchBrowser is used by PPSSPP (it's used in the main menu). Is there no way to launch a browser on OpenPandora?
01-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Ah thank you for your help !

The redundancy, yes, thank you for fixing it ! I wasn't sure at the beginning of the porting on how to do it... So it's a left over my very first try.

About asound, I can force "alsa" for SDL, so I put it, but not sure it's really needed now, but some Pandora user prefers ALSA over OSS...

Ah, LauchBrowser. I didn't think of that. Currently, there is no easy way to launch a Browser on the Pandora. You have to include one in the PND. I have one, so I will look at this in the future.
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 03:02 PM by xsacha.)
You don't need to link the asound lib though right? I mean it would be included in SDL already?

Anyway, I have put in a pull request for review.
https://github.com/hrydgard/native/pull/28/files
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/410/files
01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank you Smile
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM
I've seen the merge is on the git now ! Thanks xsacha ! I'll test that tomorow.
01-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey ptitSeb, just a query about the kill define in ArmEmitter.h
I downloaded the SDK because I was confused as to why kill was missing.

But I found it in: 20100611-i686-linux-armv7a-linux-gnueabi-toolchain-openpandora.tar\..\arm\arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi\usr\include\signal.h
01-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Yes, it is include, but I have to not include signal.h because there is a R0 inside that create ambiguity with Regs::R0.

I am compiling the version now, and I will have a little remaining diff to submit. Plus I will add Joystick support so the TODO will be complete.

Thank you again for your help !