Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Batch iso <=> cso converter.
10-17-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Batch iso <=> cso converter.
whats the difference between compression level of the cso? does it make the cso file more slower..?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Use PSP ISO Compressor.
It can do almost everything.
ISO to CSO.
CSO to ISO.

And like 10 more conversion options.

The Signature!
10-17-2014, 08:27 PM
(10-17-2014 11:57 AM)Peeka Wrote:  whats the difference between compression level of the cso? does it make the cso file more slower..?

at some point ON PSP games will load slower when you did compressed it with higher lvl but files will weight less

but its like + 5 sometimes + 10 sec to load time so its not a big deal

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
10-19-2014, 07:20 AM
(10-17-2014 08:27 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  
(10-17-2014 11:57 AM)Peeka Wrote:  whats the difference between compression level of the cso? does it make the cso file more slower..?

at some point ON PSP games will load slower when you did compressed it with higher lvl but files will weight less

Thanks for the answer.. now im going to compress my isos cause it uses a lot of my memory.
10-19-2014, 08:29 AM
(10-19-2014 07:20 AM)Peeka Wrote:  
(10-17-2014 08:27 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  

Thanks for the answer.. now im going to compress my isos cause it uses a lot of my memory.

i forgot to tell you in psp if u have custom frimware
IN MAIN MENU press select and go to recovery menu>advanced> and set to always memory stick speedup

than you wont even feel you have compressed games

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
You might try this as well:
https://github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso

It's command line (like ciso.exe) and only supports level 9 (read the README for why that's a good thing.) It's faster than most other tools though, so might be worth adding as a backend to this GUI.

-[Unknown]
10-26-2014, 02:12 AM
I can easily(probably...if I have time)add it but I have few questions about the command lines.
1.--threads=N,is there is a limit for the threads
2.--use-METHOD,in place of the METHOD,I have to type the name of the compression method right?
3.--no-METHOD,this is the whole command line,I don't have to change METHOD with anything else(what exactly is the point of this command line if(if I understand it correctly)will not compress the image,just rebuild the image,save it as cso and use something like level 0 compression)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
10-26-2014, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 02:32 AM by [Unknown].)
1. Sky's the limit. If you omit, it will auto detect based on number of cpu cores. I get approximately the same performance with 8 or 16 threads (I have 4 hyperthreaded cores.)

2. Correct. So if you don't mind waiting a while, "--use-zopfli" will give you best compression (it will use the other two as well by default.)

3. You also change METHOD here. So, if you want to only use 7-zip's deflate algorithm, use "--no-zlib --use-7zdeflate" (--use-7zdeflate is optional since it's enabled by default.) Yes, If you use "--no-zlib --no-7zdeflate", it will not compress at all, and create a larger file than the iso (due to cso format overhead.)

The reason to allow customizing the methods is because they take time. "zlib" runs four different trials of zlib compression (--fast disables this and uses only the standard method.) "7zdeflate" is a little slower than zlib but often gives better compression. zopfli is significantly slower than any of the others, but usually gives the best compression.

If you use zopfli only, you'll wait like 90% as long as using all of them, and end up with a slightly larger file. From my testing, every algorithm has sectors it can compress better than the others.

That being said, that's more interesting to a compression nerd like me. It all really only amounts to a 1% difference in filesize. I turned off zopfli by default because it was even slower than I expected it to be.

Anyway, --fast matches what other compressors use (although it might sometimes give slightly better compression), and is much faster, even on a single core, from my tests. So you can just use --fast and have it finish faster for free.

-[Unknown]
05-17-2022, 05:27 AM
(08-09-2013 06:30 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  Since I didn't find a tool that can batch convert images and UMDGen is giving me problems,I decided to create my own batch converter(gui for the command line program csio)

What you can do
  • You are adding images by dropping them over the gui window
  • Compress all of the iso files in the list one after another(it skip cso files when you are compressing iso files)
  • Decompress all of the cso files in the list one after another(it skip iso files when you are decompressing cso files)
  • By double clicking on item from the list,depending on the file type,the gui will suggest to compress or decompress the file
  • It ask where to save the files(either where you choose or in the source directory if you don't choose where)
  • It ask if you want to overwrite existing images when the process start
  • When image is compressed\decompressed,in the Result column it shows the size of the new file and by how much it's changes(in mb)
  • You can stop the batch process at any time.

The file is clean and that's false positive(some programs always suspect upx compressed exe files)
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a5f58...376033224/

This is awesome, but there appears to be one problem: When I batch decompressed and decompressed individually using the software iso compressor, I couldn't get the rom to work making the compression irreversible. Will you be able to check this please?

Thanks
05-17-2022, 05:58 AM
(08-09-2013 06:30 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  Since I didn't find a tool that can batch convert images and UMDGen is giving me problems,I decided to create my own batch converter(gui for the command line program csio)

What you can do
  • You are adding images by dropping them over the gui window
  • Compress all of the iso files in the list one after another(it skip cso files when you are compressing iso files)
  • Decompress all of the cso files in the list one after another(it skip iso files when you are decompressing cso files)
  • By double clicking on item from the list,depending on the file type,the gui will suggest to compress or decompress the file
  • It ask where to save the files(either where you choose or in the source directory if you don't choose where)
  • It ask if you want to overwrite existing images when the process start
  • When image is compressed\decompressed,in the Result column it shows the size of the new file and by how much it's changes(in mb)
  • You can stop the batch process at any time.

The file is clean and that's false positive(some programs always suspect upx compressed exe files)
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a5f58...376033224/

This is great! But there was one problem: when batch decompressed or decompressed individually with the original software the roms batch compressed by you gui, they didn't work, making the compression irreversible. Can you please check this?

Thanks.
05-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Help please. The CISO program attached previously, whether in the GUI or command line, creates a 1 KB file from my 2.94 GB 'Final Fantasy Type-0 (English Patched v2).iso' file. Supposedly it needs to be smaller as RetroArch on Playstation Classic can't run it. But not this small. I've also tried UMD Gen 4.00 but despite it looking like it's writing files, the output is 0 KB. Then ciso_xp_v1 does nothing when I click 'Start'. It's probably an admin access thing, public machines. Is there any other portable (no installation) tools? Thanks.
01-02-2024, 09:50 PM
Well no longer a need. Apollo Save Tool on PS Vita has a tool to convert to and from ISO and CSO.