Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
09-15-2014, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 09:56 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(08-08-2014 05:49 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Also, Peace Walker and MHP 3rd (one thing you could try for MHP 3rd is turning OFF software skinning, that tends to hurt its speed a lot) are both pretty demanding compared to a number of other games, so it's possible no mobile device can really run them well (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I tend to test more on the PC side of things, as my tablet is much too old to really run games with any realistically high speeds..).

Peace Walker runs full speed without any frameskipping on my Shield Tablet with FXAA and 4xNative Resolution. That's one mobile device I guess. Wink

(08-07-2014 08:58 PM)DRain89 Wrote:  I've seen videos of an Xperia with a 1.5GHz quad core and I have a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 with an Adreno 330. It's just certain games, Monster Hunter 3 and Peace Walker are the worst, Crisis Core runs well, Initial D runs OK. I just would expect pretty amazing performance out of this phone.

Many of the videos you see of PPSSPP running on mobile devices have frameskipping enabled to get full speed. My Note3 with the Adreno 330 is only full speed in a few games all the time without frameskipping. Adreno devices have comparatively horrid driver overhead to Nvidia Tegra devices.

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmar...%29&cols=2

Look at the driver overhead benchmarks. The S5(2014) gets pummelled in driver overhead compared to a Tegra 4(2013) device even though it beats it in everything else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - fivefeet8 - 09-15-2014 09:41 PM