Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(10-28-2013 12:07 PM)fatalexe Wrote:  Thanks for the guide; however I'm having problems on my Nexus 4.

God of War and Dissidia Final Fantasy runs abysmal on my phone at like 3fps. Seeing the official topics seems like it should run well. tried all sorts of settings from the defaults to your guide.

Is it a known problem for the Nexus 4?

Expect low performance on ANY mobile device for God of War. Performance of that game has actually decreased over the last few hundred revisions or so, thanks to the increase in emulation accuracy for that specific game. (additonal graphical effects are being correctly rendered etc.) Even lower end PCs like my test rig struggle in that game and require some tricks to get to run semi decently.

My advice to you is to have both the "Prevent FPS from exceeding 60" option and the "Change CPU Clock" option enabled; the latter should be set to as low as 60 - 80 MHz for maximum gains. If performance is still horrendous, I'm afraid that's as far it goes for your device, at least with the current state of the emulator/device drivers.

Dissidia on the other hand should run a lot better. I'm puzzled as to why it runs horribly on your device. Try changing Rendering Mode to Non Buffered Rendering for that game.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - solarmystic - 10-30-2013 03:18 PM