Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
09-05-2013, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 05:59 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(09-05-2013 03:54 AM)deathknight1993 Wrote:  I wonder why on system options mutithread and I/O on thread makes games lagging although I have quad core mali 400 ?
the games stats with huge speed then suddenly frames drops and so do on .. is that unstability ( expermintal ) or personal issue with my processor ?

in breif I meant that multithreading gives huge speed at the begining then unstable lags .. I hope iam clear enough to show my problem

Could be both, actually.

Does the same thing happen with Multithreaded (MT) off?
(fast, then slowdowns after some time like you mentioned.)

If your answer is no, then the problem lies with the MT function, which is to be expected, since it is experimental. Just leave it off, it does not seem to work well with many other mobile devices at the moment.

If your answer is yes, then the problem is your personal device, which cannot sustain the increased power usage, and is therefore throttling your speed to save power/battery. Confirm this behaviour by using a profiler, or plugging your device to the wall socket, effectively charging it. Some devices (unless rooted), are designed to throttle down frequencies after crossing a certain power/thermal limits. It'd be useful if you had a monitoring program to confirm this. I'm just speculating since I do not have your specific device.

Also remember that Mali devices are still in the problematic zone for PPSSPP as compared to Adreno devices. The best mobile graphics chipset to go with for PPSSPP at the moment is definitely one of the latest Adreno chipsets.

Mali, PowerVR and Tegra (3) devices have various issues with PPSSPP that are still unresolved, arising from terribly written drivers unsuited for 3D heavy applications like PPSSPP.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - solarmystic - 09-05-2013 05:53 AM