Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
08-17-2013, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 08:06 AM by Danyal Zia.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(08-16-2013 10:57 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  1. Device has a super high native resolution. Example, Nexus 10, which has a massive native resolution of 2560x1600. Now, if the device uses non buffered mode, PPSSPP will render the game at NATIVE, which would kill the performance of the games. Even my own laptop only has 1920x1080p resolution. In this case, Buffered would theoretically be superior to non buffered for that device, since the image is rendered at a much lower resolution.

Refer to [Unknown]'s post on the issue:-

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/...t-21984075
I meant the same in terms of performance (with exception also) as reported by users anyway. Btw, I don't get your point when you said that you get higher resolution in non-buffered while lower resolution in buffered for your laptop. I get same internal resolution in both. (For Instance, 2x resolution renders double the resolution of original PSP in both buffered and non-buffered)

(08-16-2013 10:36 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  there is no difference in the speed and the quality when AA is enable is as if you are using some texture filter(2xSaI for example).
You lose a lot of speed for such small difference...Linear Filtering is doing good enough job.
I usually get crash in full screen when I enable 2xSSAA through emulator. But, when I do force Anti-Aliasing through drivers (CCC) it runs fine (apart from slow down) even at 6x AA. Btw, AA smooths the edges of objects while Linear Filtering filters the image (texture) with depth. Take a look with 6x AA in screenshot below.

You can see the smoothness in the edges of Angeal's hands. Theoretically, 2xSSAA renders the image at double the internal resolution as specified by users as per:
Code:
if (g_Config.bAntiAliasing) {
        coreParam.renderWidth *= 2;
        coreParam.renderHeight *= 2;
    }
That means, with 2xSSAA at 1x resolution (480x272) it will render at 960x544 internally with output resolution (windows resolution) same as original (480x272). That's the technique used to decrease the Jaggies/aliasing at edges.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - Danyal Zia - 08-17-2013 04:52 AM