Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 4.3 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
01-04-2018, 12:16 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
Great!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
Hello! I'm trying to play "Digimon Adventure" on my android. With PPSSPP default settings game wouldn't even start; there was only black screen.
Then I applied these changes from this guide:
- Texture Scaling is OFF.
- Hardware Transform and Vertex Cache are ON.
- spline/bezier curves Low
- 1x rendering resolution.
- Change CPU Clock is 111 MHz. Values lower or higher that made game slower
- emulator is running in JIT (Dynarec) mode
- Fast Memory is ON.
- Enable Debug Logging is OFF
- Force 60 FPS or less option is ON
- Postprocessing Shaders OFF
- Software Skinning ON
- Lazy Texture Caching ON
- Retain Changed Textures ON
- Simulate Block Transfer is ON or OFF. I tested both ways but nothing changed.
- Disable Slower Effects ON
- Display Resolution (HW scaler) setting is 1x PSP (I tried higher ones, like 4x but then games parts that run now 30/30 became slow too)
- Frameskip OFF (If I put frameskip on, game won't progress; it will just show the scenery's background while music plays on. I tried frameskip on, auto and numbers from 1-8.)
- Buffered Rendering (non-buffered rendering left characters from previous scene to stand on current scene)
- Hack Settings I haven't applied.

Now the game almost works!! From the start menu to first scene with game characters on the background, everything goes smoothly, 30/30 100,0% or 31/30 100,1% and so on. Then it drops down to 9/30 29,5%. Then game tutorial tells how to move characters etc. Same framerate until video cutscene occurs. Then again 30/30 100,0%. After that 20/30 for spoken dialogues. Then game-play (when you can move characters), it drops to 9/30 29,5%.

Any suggestions what I could try next? Thanks in advance. :)
07-20-2018, 01:02 PM
I guess you just need to configure your PPSSPP emulator thoroughly. That should help you in getting the best speed and performance you're looking for.

I've tuned mine using the below guide:

techshali.com/best-setting-ppsspp/

This guide should help you play PPSSPP games at higher FPS.!!

Cheers!
09-30-2018, 08:27 PM
(08-02-2013 04:42 AM)Dragonbax196 Wrote:  Where is the ppsspp.ini? I can't find it

Hey Hi Dragonbax196,
If You Will Search An Engines Or Other Materials Or Software Of This Games You Will Find In Google To Search Online Thanks....