Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Guide:- Compiling PPSSPP on Windows for Dummies (updated for MSVC 2013)
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 04:41 PM by Kyhel.)
RE: Guide:- Compiling PPSSPP on Windows for Dummies
Hi Smile

I'm having troubles compiling PPSSPP.

I just followed your guide step by step, both on my Windows 7 Pro x64 PC, and on a clean Virtual machine with the same system freshly installed, but i can't get it to work.

I'm using the last version on git : v0.9.5-510-ga5a69e9 (But i think through my different and consecutive tries i may have used previous ones). Unfortunatly, when i follow your guide, there is no PPSSPP.sln, but some CMakeList files. So i tried to get around this, downloaded CMake, using the GUI, i asked to build for Visual Studio 10, which said it couldn't find SDL library (i don't know why because it shouldn't be needed on windows). So i downloaded it too, told CMake where to find it, and it managed to configure and generate the files.

So know i have a PPSSPP.sln file, which is great. So i launch it on Visual Studio, but of course the solutions aren't exactly the same (ALL BUILD is bolded), but i keep going, set the working directories of ALL BUILD and PPSSPPWindows, set to release mode and hit Build Solution.

That's when things get bad.
I get a bunch of errors like that :

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\dsound.h(237): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\WinNls.h(1334): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'

..\ppsspp\Windows\Debugger\CtrlDisAsmView.cpp(323): error C2664: 'CreateFontA' : cannot convert parameter 14 from 'const wchar_t [15]' to 'LPCSTR'

And i end up with

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\WinNls.h(1335): fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation
  stdafx.cpp
  Generating Code...
Done Building Project "C:\Programming\ppsspp_build\PPSSPPWindows.vcxproj" (build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

(It's just for the PPSSPPWindows build, but i have the same for many others).

In the end i have 11 succeeded builds, and 5 failed (i don't know which ones).

Does anyone have any idea why everything goes wrong like that ?

I have also tried to build with CMake using MinGW (again asking me about the SDL), which i manage to get me to generate the files, but when i use mingw32-make, i get errors like :

Code:
#error needs at least version 1000 of MSC
from ppsspp/Common/ABI.cpp:18

and

Code:
#error Arch not supported
from ABI.cpp:28

Code:
#error "Don't build this on arm"
from ppsspp/Common/x64Emitter.h:27

And exactly the same errors using CMake making unix MakeFiles and using Gnuwin make.

I must say i'm a bit lost.

Though i manage to build this on my mac with CMake and make. Even with Xcode.

I'm just not used to Windows programming. So if anyone can give me updated instructions on how to build this, i'ld really appreciate.

Thanks.

Kyhel

PS : I'm trying all this cause i'ld like to get adhoc-support branch from igorcalabria work on my PC and my friend's to play together, since i can already get it to work on my mac (with all limited capabilities of the port).

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Compiling PPSSPP on Windows for Dummies - Kyhel - 11-19-2013 04:27 PM