Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSPP games won't start (black screen)
07-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Question PPSPP games won't start (black screen)
First of all I wish to heartily thank the people who spent their time writing this and other emulator. You are wonderful, selfless people. Thank you.

I wish I could stop here, but I have a well known problem that reading other posts concerning it unfortunately didn't fix: The emulator (0.8.1 build) starts well, recognises games but upon loading them the screen goes black and that's it.

The PC is a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 SP1 Intel Core i3 CPU M 330 2.13 Ghz. A bit old but PCSX2 works perfect.

Following other's advice I tried to install VC++ 2010 again but that wasn't necessary.

The 64 build gave out the MVCR...dll error, but since the emulator works fine on my home PC (a MAC OSX with Bootcamp, much more powerful indeed) the other version was fine, and it apparently is.

The games are the two God of War games, which work fine at home.

Thanks in advance!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: PPSPP games won't start (black screen)
The official version is too old, download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds")

Quote:Following other's advice I tried to install VC++ 2010 again but that wasn't necessary.

In teory you should install it, if you are running a 32 bit os then you only need to download the x86 SP1 (the old one will not work), while if you are running a 64 bit then it would be best to download and install both x86 and 64 version of the redistributable Package (always SP1).

Quote:The 64 build gave out the MVCR...dll error, but since the emulator works fine on my home PC (a MAC OSX with Bootcamp, much more powerful indeed) the other version was fine, and it apparently is.

The missing .dll is mostly caused by the absence of the redistributable package (in your case the SP1 as I explained right before), but if your os is 32 bit you have no reason to use the 64 bit build.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you, Gurlok. I have missed my point (I apologize for that).

'that wasn't necessary' (VC++) meant that I have already installed it and I tried to do it again following your advices on other similar threadsSmile

I've tried to install the build (the most recent one) but I get the same dll error, which of course I don't dare to fix manually. I've been lucky in the past, I may screw up now.
07-31-2013, 09:14 PM
I see. To tell you the truth there are other people who have experienced the same issue as yours and not yet found the cause of it (I'm not trying to scare you or anything, I just pointed out that). Where did you extract the archive? Usually is best to avoid placing the emu in programfiles(x86) and any other folder which requires admin privileges in order to run correctly, for example placing the emu on the desktop or in documents it's fine. You could also try to find the missing .dll on the net, but I don't know how safe it can be (and if you really want to try this, refrain from some crappy "dll fixer, or repairer etc, you just need to grab the .dll file).

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts