Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller left trigger force mapped to turbo?
07-26-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 03:03 PM by fdfdrere2.)

I'm using a Xbox 360 controller on Windows version of PPSSPP. I found no matter how I change the key binding settings. The turbo function is always mapped to left trigger, even if I set turbo to another key.

Specifically, I'm play Ace Combat X. I want to map decelerate to left trigger. But in game when I hold left trigger to decelerate the plane, it also goes to turbo mode.

How could I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Will
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Controller left trigger force mapped to turbo?
(07-26-2013 03:02 PM)fdfdrere2 Wrote:  Controller left trigger force mapped to turbo?

I'm using a Xbox 360 controller on Windows version of PPSSPP. I found no matter how I change the key binding settings. The turbo function is always mapped to left trigger, even if I set turbo to another key.

Specifically, I'm play Ace Combat X. I want to map decelerate to left trigger. But in game when I hold left trigger to decelerate the plane, it also goes to turbo mode.

How could I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Will

I tried the latest revision to look for your problem, turned out to work flawlessly. Did you pay attention to map the xbox 360 gamepad keys (second page)? Actually you can map everything within the 3 mapping pages, also which version are you using of the emu? maybe it's some fail of the revision you are using right now, download the latest one from here under "Automated PPSSPP Builds" and try to map the keys again.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-26-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 03:53 PM by solarmystic.)
Hello and welcome to the forums.

1. First and foremost, make sure you're using the latest revision from here:- http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

2. In the keymapping screen, change the page to 360 (2/3) and unbind (or change the binding of) the Unthrottle Virtual key AND the Speed Toggle Virtual key to some something else. Make sure it is NOT set to L2 (also known as the Left Trigger).

(Click to enlarge screenshot)

Note that there are two Turbo keys in the screenshot above, and if the L2 button is mapped to any of them, it will be triggered in game.

a. Unthrottle --> Hold for maximum speed

b. Speed Toggle ---> Click once to change between Limited 60 to Fixed (a Speed of your own choice)

3. The game should NOT turbo with the left trigger after that. I just tested it using the same game and latest dev build linked above/

4. Also make sure any external keymapping applications you could've used to bind the L2/LT button aren't set to use the key either.

EDIT:- Also corroborated by Gurlok. You're just too fast mate.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-26-2013, 04:37 PM
(07-26-2013 03:48 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  EDIT:- Also corroborated by Gurlok. You're just too fast mate.

Ah ah ah, sorry my friend Tongue, but you gave a better and less confusing explanation then mine Smile

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-29-2013, 05:07 AM
Thanks. It turns out I was using a wrong version. The latest version works like a charm.

You may update the link in the download page of the website. The faulty version was downloaded through under Windows(not PPSSPP Gold for Windows, just Windows) => download 0.8.1 ZIP 64-bit.
07-29-2013, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 05:15 AM by TheDax.)
It doesn't need to be updated right now; 8.1 is the latest official version. Those links are for official releases, which most casual users will probably stick to(since the sound of development build is scary to most). The development builds are already linked at the very top. Tongue

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.