Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My macbook with 10.7 cannot install PPSSPP. Help!
07-21-2013, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 01:45 AM by Richard.)
My macbook with 10.7 cannot install PPSSPP. Help!
I have installed Xcode, command tool, homebrew and sdl. However, when I double click the PPSSPPSDL, the terminal opens and shows that"illegal instruction:4". I have even reinstalled my OS, but it doesn't work!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: My macbook with 10.7 cannot install PPSSPP. Help!
Bump. I am having the same exact problem.
12-17-2013, 03:47 PM
10.7 Macbook Pro.

Exact same issue.

Was hoping to get PPSSPP working with the new ad-hoc feature. Monster Hunter on the go during vacation.

If anyone has any ideas how to get this to work, or better yet, has a precompiled .app of 0.9.6 for mac, that would be incredibly awesome.
12-18-2013, 08:35 PM
(12-17-2013 03:47 PM)WonkoTheSane Wrote:  10.7 Macbook Pro.

Exact same issue.

Was hoping to get PPSSPP working with the new ad-hoc feature. Monster Hunter on the go during vacation.

If anyone has any ideas how to get this to work, or better yet, has a precompiled .app of 0.9.6 for mac, that would be incredibly awesome.

Use this method to get ppsspp running on your mac:

1.Go here http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/downloads

2. Scroll down to the Wine.app downloads (get the vanilla Wine.app, there's no need for Winebottler) and download the latest version (1.7.8).

2.After it downloads, put Wine in your applications folder.

3.Then download the latest 32-bit windows version of PPSSPP here
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/.

4. When PPSSSPP’s finished downloading, extract it (I usually put it on my desktop).

5. Go to wherever you made the extracted PPSSPP folder and open the PPSSPPWindows.exe with Wine.

6. Enjoy.

*Note: Wine.app doesn’t yet support 64-bit applications. So that’s why you have to use the 32-bit windows ppsspp versions.