Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi everybody plus question
07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi everybody plus question
Hey guys,hi to everyone and thanks to the ppsspp team for his huge effort to bring us such an emulatorWink
I'm new to this emulator and I'm wondering if you can help me with some settings Wink
I just downloaded the ppsspp emulator on my BBQ10,I loaded a psp iso file on the device. Then I've opened ppsspp and loaded the iso. The game (SW Battlefront 2) opens but when it ask me to "press start button" I tried all the keys on the keyboard but it simply happens nothing.
In the Control Settings I find the key mapping section, but when I press on a button to assign it,it does not seem to be working Sad

Thanks to everyone! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: Hi everybody plus question
Hello and welcome to the forum smart548, take a look at the rules and enjoy your stay Wink

For the settings, generally speaking, it's up to your machine spec and games you intend to play, some are more demanding than others.
For the control settings, well...it seems that the last build has mapping keyboard broken, you can both wait for a new build which fix that issue or download a previous one from here (on the center-bottom of the page, under "Automated PPSSPP builds").

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-20-2013, 03:49 PM
(07-20-2013 03:23 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the forum smart548, take a look at the rules and enjoy your stay Wink

For the settings, generally speaking, it's up to your machine spec and games you intend to play, some are more demanding than others.
For the control settings, well...it seems that the last build has mapping keyboard broken, you can both wait for a new build which fix that issue or download a previous one from here (on the center-bottom of the page, under "Automated PPSSPP builds").

Just downloaded an older version and now the keyboard seems to be working Smile Thank you!
P.s. I got 60 fps with SW battlefront 2,but the game seems to be slow. Am I doing something wrong? Wink
07-20-2013, 04:07 PM
The version of PPSSPP that you downloaded, does it have the option under the system tab, Unlock CPU Clock function?
If so tick the box next to it, and select a frequency of around 200, try that & see if that improves the actual speed of the gameplay, if not lower it & try again.
I can't test the game myself as I am not at home on my setup.
Lets us know your results, I'll be interested. Cool
07-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks for support Wink So,I've checked the "lock cpu speed", it is set at 222 (Locked cpu speed: 222). But unlucky the game is still slow. I mean,in the top-right corner of My screen I Read 60 FPS,but the game runs as 8 FPS Tongue Can You suggest me a game that will run fast "for sure"? Thank You again! P.s. My version is 0.8.1 and I'm not able to set cpu lock speed Sad
07-20-2013, 04:42 PM
(07-20-2013 04:19 PM)smart548 Wrote:  Thanks for support Wink So,I've checked the "lock cpu speed", it is set at 222 (Locked cpu speed: 222). But unlucky the game is still slow. I mean,in the top-right corner of My screen I Read 60 FPS,but the game runs as 8 FPS Tongue Can You suggest me a game that will run fast "for sure"? Thank You again! P.s. My version is 0.8.1 and I'm not able to set cpu lock speed Sad
There is a thread on this forum somewhere that lists lower graphic intensive games, that run well, unsure if that meant on Android phones, but could of been.
Annoying as I can't find the thread myself.
I can't help anymore than that, sorry.
07-20-2013, 06:31 PM
(07-20-2013 04:19 PM)smart548 Wrote:  Thanks for support Wink So,I've checked the "lock cpu speed", it is set at 222 (Locked cpu speed: 222). But unlucky the game is still slow. I mean,in the top-right corner of My screen I Read 60 FPS,but the game runs as 8 FPS Tongue Can You suggest me a game that will run fast "for sure"? Thank You again! P.s. My version is 0.8.1 and I'm not able to set cpu lock speed Sad

Are you sure about the 60 FPS? It should be 60 Speed (formerly called VPS), since psp games are capped at 30 FPS, and there are even few who run at 20 FPS only. Anyway try to change some settings, if the game run too slow try to change some settings under graphic (ex mipmapping).

07-20-2013, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 09:41 PM by smart548.)
As You can see it tells me it's 60 FPS.. Anyway,I've searched for some videos on the internet and I found out that star wars battlefront 2 lags with all smartphones.. So,which Games you would suggest me to try to play? Smile

The menu runs smooth,the problem is when I begin to play Smile What is weird is that the Phone is not heating up as it does with some heavy game (Asphalt 7),so I do think it is not because the game is too heavy..

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-20-2013, 09:51 PM
(07-20-2013 09:32 PM)smart548 Wrote:  As You can see it tells me it's 60 FPS.. Anyway,I've searched for some videos on the internet and I found out that star wars battlefront 2 lags with all smartphones.. So,which Games you would suggest me to try to play? Smile

The menu runs smooth,the problem is when I begin to play Smile What is weird is that the Phone is not heating up as it does with some heavy game (Asphalt 7),so I do think it is not because the game is too heavy..

Ah ah ah, by the look of your screenshot, you must be italian Tongue, anyway, well, I had no chance to test the emu on any kind of smartphone, what I can suggest depends on what you are into, if you like action games you can opt for Lord of arcana/apocalypse (the latter is japanese only), God of War (it could be too heavy performance wise to handle), Kindom Hearts BBS and so on. If you like RPGs you can try some nippon ichi titles, like Disgaea.

07-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Hope that the fact I'm italian won't be a problem Sad I know sometimes I make mistakes in english, but I hope I am able to be clear enough Wink Thanks for your advice man,I'll check the titles you suggested me Smile
07-21-2013, 12:01 AM
(07-20-2013 10:29 PM)smart548 Wrote:  Hope that the fact I'm italian won't be a problem Sad I know sometimes I make mistakes in english, but I hope I am able to be clear enough Wink Thanks for your advice man,I'll check the titles you suggested me Smile

Nah no problem at all till we talk in english, there is an International discussion forum, but it lacks the italian section (no wonder why), I'm italian too, that's why I let slip my curiosity XD

07-21-2013, 12:10 AM
In the latest version you cant map the buttons to the right stick either Confused
07-21-2013, 12:34 AM
(07-21-2013 12:01 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-20-2013 10:29 PM)smart548 Wrote:  Hope that the fact I'm italian won't be a problem Sad I know sometimes I make mistakes in english, but I hope I am able to be clear enough Wink Thanks for your advice man,I'll check the titles you suggested me Smile

Nah no problem at all till we talk in english, there is an International discussion forum, but it lacks the italian section (no wonder why), I'm italian too, that's why I let slip my curiosity XD
You guys could create your own Sub section in the International part of the forums for Italian speakers only, its up to you to start up one if you wish.
07-21-2013, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 09:28 AM by Gurlok.)
(07-21-2013 12:34 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  You guys could create your own Sub section in the International part of the forums for Italian speakers only, its up to you to start up one if you wish.

Hey The Phoenix thanks for telling us this, I didn't know about it Smile , still, (as for now) I don't see any usefulness for it, there aren't enough people to justify the cause XD

07-21-2013, 12:39 PM
(07-21-2013 09:28 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-21-2013 12:34 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  You guys could create your own Sub section in the International part of the forums for Italian speakers only, its up to you to start up one if you wish.

Hey The Phoenix thanks for telling us this, I didn't know about it Smile , still, (as for now) I don't see any usefulness for it, there aren't enough people to justify the cause XD
Your English, of you both is very good anyway.