Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [EU]
07-26-2014, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 11:58 AM by HenryEx.)
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [EU]
(07-25-2014 09:30 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I didn't said his work was a waste of time, I said that in my opinion it's not worth bothering with such workarounds because most of those cheats are not in need of constant change(so menu works fine) and because the very same reason why it would be needed - JIT with emu hacks - turned out to also breaking some games, meaning it might get fixed on the emu side.

What i did, really, is clean up the code so that the Hack doesn't constantly patch executing code - a bad practice, i think - and instead reads its color stuff from memory variables. Previously, color themes were "hard-coded" and themes had to change running code! I did away with that. So now the code is static unless you want to change things like the layout on screen, for which you have to go to the menu and change the cwcheat anyways. It helps the JIT problem, but it's not the reason. Wink

The ONLY thing i needed to work around and write additional code for is one of the Cwcheat code types (0xD address compare type) being broken and not working or just crashing. That's the part that took me some time, since i had to write the Cwcheat functionality that didn't work in PPSSPP as PSP machine code.

Also, check out the post on the previous page again. I updated it with some customization for which you need to edit the hack directly.
After changes, you might need to Re-Initialize (press L+X) and then go to the cheat menu again, then back into the game for the changes to apply.

(Also, quote my previous post and take a look at the forum tags i use for fun. Big Grin )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom Unite EU CWcheat - Gurlok - 07-17-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Freedom Unite EU CWcheat - Razorback - 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Freedom Unite EU CWcheat - dropthatout - 07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: Freedom Unite EU CWcheat - vnctdj - 07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: Freedom Unite EU CWcheat - sfageas - 07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [EU] - HenryEx - 07-26-2014 10:48 AM
MHFU [EU] cwcheats? - deama - 08-12-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: MHFU [EU] cwcheats? - barbanium - 08-12-2014, 08:59 PM