Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.5 Average
DraStic Nintendo DS emulator for Android (r2.3.0.2a release With HD rendering option)
08-07-2013, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 10:21 PM by YurakuV34.)
RE: DraStic Nintendo DS emulator Android on Google play !!!!
Yeah finally! ^^

I'm going to test it now on my Xperia Play and I'll comment the results.

EDIT:
Pokemon Diamond runs at 100% speed without freezes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Pokemon black working 100%, Zelda spirit tracks works 100%, from the abyss works 100%, Apollo justice works 100%

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
08-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Cannot wait to get home to dl this.
08-08-2013, 12:45 AM
buying.
08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Thumbs Down RE: DraStic Nintendo DS emulator Android on Google play !!!!
Sadly my phone is not compatible which sucks........ Sad
08-08-2013, 04:31 AM
playing dragon ball z kai ultimate botuoden.

100% speed,great emulator.
08-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Looks promising. Now if it runs Animal Crossing.. and it would run well on my dual core tab.. I'd be interested in it.

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 - Stock 4.1.1

PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5450
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2013, 08:19 AM
very great nds emulator!!,my games in collection run full speed which is really playable on my 1ghz xperia mini except pokemon black which quite slow 70-80%,i really suggest you buy this,it worth your money.now we have two good emulator aroundBig Grin,also I wonder if we can port it to window?

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Do u guys have an Idea how to extend the quality of the graphic of this emulator ?
I've buy drastic and all game run in full speed .. but the graphic is yUlLKk .. Dodgy haha ..
Take a loot at the attachment Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S4
Console : Playstion Vita
PSN ID : Merivex95<<<[Add me!]
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 11:54 AM by slamandar.)
why you want the port the emulator the pc

we already have DesMume and NosGba

the emulator is great for touch phone , and i am so thankful to Exophase ho make Drastic this speedy

hyper emulator on android

(08-08-2013 11:49 AM)Merivex Wrote:  Do u guys have an Idea how to extend the quality of the graphic of this emulator ?
I've buy drastic and all game run in full speed .. but the graphic is yUlLKk .. Dodgy haha ..

because you emulate nds games not psp games

you can tray Sclale2x on the configure option
08-08-2013, 12:08 PM
(08-08-2013 11:50 AM)slamandar Wrote:  why you want the port the emulator the pc

the emulator is great for touch phone , and i am so thankful to Exophase ho make Drastic this speedy

hyper emulator on android

(08-08-2013 11:49 AM)Merivex Wrote:  Do u guys have an Idea how to extend the quality of the graphic of this emulator ?

because you emulate nds games not psp games

you can tray Sclale2x on the configure option

I think if it ported to window could help some lower pc or like my netbook 1.66 ghz to play nds games without suffering frequent lag,desmemu is good,but even with jit,i still can't achieve full speed in some games,also nosgba has no more update which the compability on some games worse but has some good speed.so I think if it ported to window,maybe a lower spec pc can achieve great speed.btw drastic is good but I have seen bug too,and the worse one was in games golden sun with suffer really bad bug and the killer games which when load map it drop down to 7-9%speed.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
(08-08-2013 11:50 AM)slamandar Wrote:  why you want the port the emulator the pc

The source code is better than DeSmuME or any other x86/x64 emulator of NDS, it really needs a port on PC, also the best thing is that it doesn't have those devs with the "attitude" from the rest emulators, and it's code has 2-3 times more potential than DeSmuME, like, the renderer is at a state that could support higher resolutions than DS's native something that nobody on DeSmuME wants to do it (boo).

Also I noticed that his HTC EVO 3D on the review is playing games ALOT slower than mine. I bet it's a bad ROM or something, just got it a few hours back and mine didn't slow down even a bit without frameskiping or multithreading on any game I tested, like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days, Re:Coded, Mario Kart DS.

The only thing it needs imo is sound interpolation, something like linear,cubic,hermite,catmull would be great.

Also I don't know how much of a good idea is for an emulator in 2013 to be closed source, I find it a terrible idea to be honest. 2013 and closed source independed projects are a no-no route.
08-08-2013, 03:26 PM
hello, you may know me from the videos in this forum. (Android aka grant johnson aka snesfan) I'm glad you guys like this emulator and are happy with it.

I ran all the devices in my videos bone stock. I wanted to give people the most realistic expectation as possible so if their device was running an aftermarket rom or overclocked, they will see even better performance. I would rather people be happier than expected than less.

agian, thank you for your support of DraStic and kind words
-Snesfan

------------------------------
This is not related to DraStic, but I joined the forum to say I'm going to try and drive some more support to PPSSPP, it is a project worth getting behind and I hope it sees the love it needs to really be a monster of an emulator. I agree with slamandar, DraStic and PPSSPP 2013 is a very good year for emulators.

I have made a new video up for the latest market build of PPSSPP running on SHIELD so people can get a good idea of the performance. I want to make more of these and really stir some excitement so if you want you can get with me in PM and we can discuss how we can show it off to be the best it can be.

*VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R5qgzOJDQ8
08-08-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 10:21 PM by slamandar.)
welcome to ppsspp forums SNESFAN

Great job on the emulator and thanx for the video showing staff like Drastic and the SHIELD

you really did a great work to make people know more about drastic and all the features , options on it , i hope you make more videos

And again its amazing how Drastic work compare the authors emulator ; and ther even a raison

the compare it

So, i hope people know more about Drastic and getting more updat and bug fix

keep the good work

*sorry for my bad english ,im french*
08-08-2013, 06:39 PM
On a side note is a shame that it does not support tegra 2 cards.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts