Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.5 Average
DraStic Nintendo DS emulator for Android (r2.3.0.2a release With HD rendering option)
01-10-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: DraStic Nintendo DS emulator for Android ( vr2.2.0.0a release )
@slamandar agree! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 04:09 AM by Talexius.)
Hello. Beforehand, I'm sorry for my english, I'm mexican.

I have the following problem. I'm playing FF IV DS and everything goes fine, but after a bit the game crashes. Basically, it pushes me back to the main emulator screen. It only happens in some battles. I already upgrade to r2.2.0.1 but the problem persists.
By using Google, I realized that this problem is due to an incompatibility with the phone. Many users have had similar problems but for others everything goes perfect. My phone is a Motorola Moto G.

But what I wanted to say, is that I found a "solution". If I put the frameskip value in 7, 8 or 9 then the crashes are no more. The bad thing is that such a high frameskip value makes the game some weird, but at least playable.
01-20-2014, 09:34 AM
I did what you said now in Okamiden, because this problems happens in the ending! And it didn’t work!! =/

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
(01-20-2014 09:34 AM)heiwasan Wrote:  I did what you said now in Okamiden, because this problems happens in the ending! And it didn’t work!! =/

You put Frameskip in Manual too, didn't you?
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Yeah!! And didn't work!!

I had to watch the ending on Youtube!! ¬¬

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

01-20-2014, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 04:01 PM by Talexius.)
Well, I'm a bit disappointed. Possibly it only works on Moto G or something like that, cause I already make some tests and I'm sure the crashes problems are finished when I play at 7, 8 or 9 frameskip value.

I'm still don't understand why this problem isn't solved in the latest version, cause many have this problem. Hasn't it been reported yet?
01-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Well man, i don’t know either!! Maybe the emulator programmer works alone and have lot’s of other priorities!!

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

02-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does it compare to the nds4droid?

I wasn't sure which emulator getting between the 2.
02-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Man, this one is MUCHHHHHH BETTER!! It runs all games at full speed (at least the ones I tested)! NDS4DROID is super slow!!

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

02-12-2014, 05:19 PM
From my point of view, Drasting DS is totally on another level, but you can always try nds4droid and try it yourself since it is free.

Btw does anybody know if it is possible to use the drastic ds in landscape mode AND completely fill the screen? Because the landscape mode on my phone leaves an horizontal black bar under the screen.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
02-12-2014, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 06:10 PM by fivefeet8.)
(02-12-2014 04:55 PM)diction Wrote:  Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does it compare to the nds4droid?

I wasn't sure which emulator getting between the 2.

There's no comparison. DraStic is far and away the Nintendo DS emulator to use on Android. Not taking anything away from NDS4Droid since it's based on Desmume, but it's going to take more time for it to reach the level that DraStic has set.

(02-12-2014 05:19 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Btw does anybody know if it is possible to use the drastic ds in landscape mode AND completely fill the screen? Because the landscape mode on my phone leaves an horizontal black bar under the screen.

There is a screen customization option which among other things, allows you to resize the screens. There is also a "Fullscreen" display option which removes all borders, but only shows one of the DS screens.

What's interesting is that if you use a gamepad with triggers and L/R, you can use the L/R buttons on it to switch between DS screens ingame on the fly. In essence, you can switch between a Full Screen display of either DS screens.
05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
hallow guys , as we all know DraStic and also PPSSPP offers the best menu options , and now Drastic ds emulator had really improved with many great feature and many others are coming Smile .

What features would you like to see added to DraStic which would make it even better or more true to playing the original DS system?

you can write your suggestions on this thread forum:

http://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5&start=210

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
08-02-2014, 11:14 PM
It says it requires android 2.3 and up.
Then why does it say it is not compatible with my phone?
Does my phone need to be rooted before installation or sort of which is indirect installation?
Can you guys help me?
I really want to play it in my phone.
I can't afford to play it with our computer since we have internet connection so I am not supposed to play it the whole day.

Guys, please help. Sad(
08-03-2014, 03:08 AM
Information RE: DraStic Nintendo DS emulator for Android ( vr2.2.0.0a release )
(08-02-2014 11:14 PM)TheDangerousOne Wrote:  It says it requires android 2.3 and up.
Does my phone need to be rooted before installation or sort of which is indirect installation?
Can you guys help me?
I can't afford to play it with our computer since we have internet connection so I am not supposed to play it the whole day.

Guys, please help. Sad(
Hi there,
What type of phone are you using? Spec's please.
08-03-2014, 11:07 PM
(08-02-2014 11:14 PM)TheDangerousOne Wrote:  It says it requires android 2.3 and up.
Can you guys help me?

Guys, please help. Sad(

To run the emulator you need an Android device with the following specifications:
CPU: An ARMv7a processor and NEON support. This includes any Cortex-A8, Cortex-A9, Cortex-A15, Scorpion, or Krait processors. ARM11, and MIPS processors are not compatible. Tegra 2 and Intel Atom are also supported, but will use a less optimized code path than the ARM/NEON version.
RAM: At least 256MB on the device. Ideally over 128MB free.
Display: At least 320x480 is recommended (higher is better)

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.