Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
android emulator capabilitys in general
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
android emulator capabilitys in general
Considering the emulators we got now for android witch usually work on pretty outdated phones, and the PS2 ports that also work perfectly on older phones
I am curious as to what would be even in the slightest way possible with the newest most powerfull android phones, or phones that will be released this year

Is it possible for a PS2 or maybe even gamecube emulator to run on the phones of the near future? Even just as a proof of concept
The PS2 was pretty slow compared to the gamecube and xbox if i remember corectly, and current phones are becomming rediculously fast...

I wouldnt be surprised if wed see a proof of concept within the next 2 years for PS2
However im surprised that the DS emulators all run extremely slow still, even compared to the PPSSPP emulator, witch to me makes no sence if you compare the specs of the consoles

Anyway id like to know how someone who has experience with making emulators thinks about the possabilitys of android
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: android emulator capabilitys in general
Oh wow, i never knew about the xbox emulator, ill try to find out a bit more about that
Thats pretty amazing even if its just a proof of concept

And ive heard that rule before, but then indeed there are some exeptions, like my n-gage counldnt proprly handle a snes emulator, and ive heard the dreamcast emulator works pretty decent with crazy taxi on a xperia play

Im also very surpirised and happy with the speed of this emulator definetely at such a early stage

I really hope theyll make a truly powerfull gamephone soon again, i love gaming on my phone but i gotta have buttons
01-04-2013, 04:12 AM
(01-04-2013 01:02 AM)stodag Wrote:  ha true such as n64 emu still not perfect and we have more than enouph power to handle it .as for ppsspp i think we could reach full speed on our devices not yet though but when its fully optimised.i swapped my xperia play for a galaxy scl worse mistake ever while its a nice phone its laggggy.

also depends on what game you want to play .

Well you've exchanged your Adreno 205 for the SGX 530. That might be the reason why it is lagging. It might also be considered that the cpu is weaker. You should have gotten the international version of the Galaxy S, Gt - I9000.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
01-04-2013, 07:56 AM
nds emus go slow because they have no jit, but since the guy that is making Nds4Droid is making a jit, it should go fullspeed. Also ps2 is extremely hard to emulate even if it's weaker. A gamecube emu could be possible (dolphin for android maybe?)
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah, the developer of the N64 emulator did say he wanted to improve on it i believe
Getting games like conkers bad fur day to run smoothly, witch i think is the most power consuming game for it

But hes now working on a saturn emulator, witch also is much harder to emulate than the dreamcast despite the difference in specs

And i just prefer buttons over processor speed or graphical capability, it just feels weird for me to play on touch screen, and it just hinders your view
And witch the current software i dont see much difference in performance with more powerfull phones yet
They are capable of amazing things, but i havent seen a game my xperia play cant handle yet that other do

@vincent
I have no idea what a jit is, but i like the sound of that
I cant wait to replay some of its games on my phone

And yeah the saturn is the same appearently, but id love to play some gamecube games again aswell on my phone in a few years
That should be possible too if theybwould make use of the new quad core proccesors i think
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah same here, i just got my xperia play a few months ago, appearently they werent sood in stores anymore
Luckily i could still order one online, i really need my buttons cus i just really love gaming, and what better than having 15 or so consoles all on one device Big Grin

Yes i dont know about the dreamcast emu, there has only been one update a few months ago and then it went silent again
The saturn and DS emus also havent had a update in a long time now
Im sure well see improvement for at least one of them sometime this year, but i think this one will be finished first
But im really hoping for a update for the DS aswell

I love thinking a few years ahead, and as phones become.more and more powerfull im sure well see either a PS2 or gamecube emu in a coupke of years(stable or not it will be pretty exiting to see someone working on it)

Over time well get everything, even xbox 360 or PS3, but thats still really far away now
Probably 10/15 years i guess, but dont take my word for it, i have no knowledge of how to make a emulator Tongue
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Haha yeah same here, im currently 22 but i love my video games
I love replaying the classics from the snes, nes, genesis, all the old consoles i grew up with
I love the newer consoles aswell ofcourse

Ive read that DSoid just got a update btw, might be worth testing that
Suposedly the speed has been improved a bit..

Yeah ive been to his site aswell, dont have an acount there tough
But its very good news to hear he wants to start working on a dreamcast emulator
I love these guys, they really improve and know how to make use of phone technology

Im not a big fan of mobile games either, there are some fun ones like reckless racing 2, or defence zone, but gameloft aint what ut used to be back in the days of the n-gage

But yeah emulators bring console quality games to android, witch is what we want Big Grin
And thank everyone making this possible
01-04-2013, 07:53 PM
the point of dsoid was the jit.... it means that the first release of dsoid already have jit (dynarec) Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah i thought they just included that yesterday
But in the info of the new update it does state that its a bit faster than before
01-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Hmm it was really slow for me last time i tried
Pokemon was about 10/15 FPS, it was to slow to play for me, same goes for new super mario bros
I tested it on my xperia play, ill try it again but i think itll need a lot of improvement before being propperly playable on it
01-06-2013, 03:47 PM
It is as slow as hell on my SGS2 (when I still have the S2) the last time I tried it.
I can't try it for now as I've already deleted my ROMS and don't want to pirate games. (Talking about shit people that does not feel the developers hard work ugh...) Would somebody be so kind as to try it now? (I know, it's off topic) THANKS!

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
01-06-2013, 04:10 PM
yep just tried it m8, (only mario) still slow about 1 fps faster than before.xD

Never really liked ds anyway.
01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
(01-06-2013 04:10 PM)stodag Wrote:  yep just tried it m8, (only mario) still slow about 1 fps faster than before.xD

Never really liked ds anyway.
Hmm it runs on almost 1FPS back then. Now i see, it now runs at 2FPS..... OH BOY! That's almost a hundred percent improvement. Seems great,,,,or not Tongue . Hey men we are on the same boat. Hated my friends ds's and I am the only one who own a psp. Good ol' times. Big Grin

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
yep psp is a proper handheld, ds is for young ones i think. XD
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
ds have nice game too >< just not that much... and psp is mainly a "jrpg and wierd japan game" console ahah xD, both have some nice game Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user